Update on Tally & my horsey search -v depressing, *pics*

P

PatchyPony

Tally is sold :( :)

I am really really pleased she is going to someone I know locally, who plans to show her. She is just the right sort of person for Tally and is very understanding of her needs. I will be able to stay in touch and have an invite to thir first show. So that's good - and sad at the same time.

I tried a horse today that I was sure sounded perfect having spoken at length with the owner. Was told she couldnt be more laid back, and she couldnt fault her.

I got to bring her in from the field - she was soaking. I tied her up and as I stood and stroked her a saddle appeared and she was tacked up - with a wet back. Meanwhile the horse stood and pawed the ground, and whinneyed - which to me doesnt say 'laid back'. I hacked her out with another horse and to be fair she was quiet as anything while we were out, bit dead to the leg though. When we got back I asked if I could take her to the field to ride by myself..... I got about 50 yeards before she started prancing sideways, nappig and threatening to rear. I took her back and the owner asked "were you asking her to do all that fancy sideways stuff?":confused: Er, no :rolleyes: They said she would soon settle into my routine and had only done that because she wasnt used to being ridden in the field. To me that says as soon as I get her back to my yard and try and hack out by myself I'll have a nappy horse that will knock my confidence.

Why cant people be honest? When I was selling Tally I sounded like I was putting people off lisiting all her bad points instead of trying to sell her! INfact I stopped a few lots of folk coming to see her becasue they didnt sound suitable canditates to take over care of my beautiful girl.

Anyway - I know i feel comfy on a bigger horse, she was 15.1hh - meant to be TB, registered with spotted horse soc?!
mare001.jpg

mare003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you know Tally has gone to a good home.

I would end up asking for a Disclosure!!! We always worry so much about what will happen to our babies.

Hope you find a horse soon.

Jenny and Tyler
x

:)glad you found a good home for tally.

shame about that one, hope the next one is the right one:)

sounds like tally is going to a 5*home, well done for being so vigilant of her needs.

at least you managed to get a trot out of the bay mare without her buggering off, dont be so harsh on yourself;)

my mare would be lovely for you, for everyone, just a pitty she rears....hence i cant sell her as i too believe you should be honest and who would truely want a rearer, its just a pitty that other sellers arent as honest

Oh, I had no idea things had progressed so quickly. I can imagine what mixed feelings you have about selling Tally. My only advise would be to take your time in looking for a replacement - you will find one - best of luck:)

meant to be TB, registered with spotted horse soc?!

:confused: umm....spotted....did i miss a spot somewhere in that bay...or does it happen to be the same colour as her coat?:p

anyway glad you sold tally to a suitable home if that was wat you thought was best for both of you:) and im glad you can keep in contact with her easily:)

best of look finding a new horse... i now how some people can be with lieing. the first horse i went to see was for a novice. only 5 but was mature...her head was on the first stage(like 1 is sticking out when they are first broke in. 2 in the middle and 3 a normal horses head position) went in manage with her - she was dead to the mouth. older sis hacked her out and the girl riding with her said "i dont no why shes like THIS!....she is usually ALOT more forward going!":eek: probs meens they drugged her up of summet:eek:

Aw hun sorry it didn't go well - I know you really liked the sound of her but you don't want to go through all that again - any horse that threatened to rear at such a minor issue needs to be struck off the list.

I'm glad that Tally has got a new home - was it the local woman that you liked?? At least you can keep in touch with her and know she is going somewhere she will enjoy.

When is she leaving?

So your search continues then???

Hope you find something soon!

Chin up hun!:)

K

glad u found nice home for tally, ive followed your story from when you 1st got her, i hope the horsey seach goes well, you will find a horse thats perfect for you, just keep looking and keep us updated! :) xxx

What sort of pony are you looking for? I know of a very nice 14.2hh mare, 12yrs old forward going but very safe drop me a PM if you want to have a look!

thanks B2B. Im Looking for something about 15hh - 15.2hh. I was when I got Tally, but she won me over:p

I am glad that you have found Tally a home that meets your standards!!!

I am sending you Christmas wishes from me and Kia that this new year will be a fun one for you and the new horsey you are hoping to get!!!

Keep looking hun and remember that the horse you are looking for is out there looking for you to!!!

Nikki xxxx:D

Aw hun sorry it didn't go well - I know you really liked the sound of her but you don't want to go through all that again - any horse that threatened to rear at such a minor issue needs to be struck off the list.

I'm glad that Tally has got a new home - was it the local woman that you liked?? At least you can keep in touch with her and know she is going somewhere she will enjoy.

When is she leaving?

So your search continues then???

Hope you find something soon!

Chin up hun!:)

K

thanks K. Am feeling a bit crap tonight to be honest:rolleyes: Not at all in the christmassy mood - ah well. Yes, it's the local lady I mentioned that is having Tally, so Im well chuffed.

Nik - cheers for that :)

thanks K. Am feeling a bit crap tonight to be honest:rolleyes: Not at all in the christmassy mood - ah well. Yes, it's the local lady I mentioned that is having Tally, so Im well chuffed.

Don't worry - you'll find something when the time is right. And in the meantime you've got little ASBO to keep you smiling!:)

sorry to hear that the horsey wasn't what you were looking for! a special pony/horse is just around the corner! :p

Glad Tally has got a great home!

Keep smiling, everything will work out it always does :D

Big cuddles from me, Skyla and Voltan (haha i'm playing step mum for the next two days as Nookster is down south :p)

Don't feel too down, you have found Tally a good home and yeah, maybe this other horse was not for you but yours will be out there, sometimes these things all happen for a reason;)

Chin up, happy christmas, it could be far worse and you could have been struggling to sell her at this time of year, your horse will come you will see:D

You've done a very brave thing Patchy Pony.

I am approaching horse hunting philosophically and putting my wanted ads in and letting the right horse find me this time I think! Could be an idea? I've had a fair few replies and you get a fair idea of whether the horse is suitable or not form an early stage. Sometimes people who dont even have their horses on the market reply! Ad in local paper, horsemart,horsequest, breed websites.....
At least it's still a good time of the year to be looking hey?

newrider.com