Update on Pete!

BeachRiding

Aug 26, 2004
USA
Took Pete and Gitch to the arena this morning. Gitch worked himself into a frenzy calling out while I rode Pete. Which made Pete balky at the arena, I was about to give up trying to get Pete in the arena when he finally went in. I walked and trotted him about for a while then asked for canter...

Wow! What a fun canter! Truly the slowest, funnest canter I have ever ridden. I was feeling very confident so when I saw an arena gate open I thought what the heck and cantered him on out and all around the field. He was so good, I felt completely at ease with him. I then took him back around to the arena and cantered him into it. No balking this time! Yay! I was grinning from ear to ear and laughing the entire time. He is such a fun horse!:D:D:D

Tried putting Pete in a snaffle bit but he freaked,he is so used to being in a curb and neck reined, so I am just leaving him as he is for now. Rode Gitch next, only at walk as he was quite fizzy,gotta get him off alfalfa!:eek: Anyway wasn't the most impressive ride, but I did manage to get him listening to me. Ended the ride on a good note and got off.

Anyway, back to Pete! He is such a good boy, incredibly calm. When tied to the trailer he just falls asleep with his leg cocked back. I am very pleased with him, think I made the right decision on buying him. His personality is starting to come out, he is a very sweet natured horse, alls he wants to do is please his owner and well EAT! Speaking of which, he is putting on some weight very nicely, I think within a month he should be filled out.

VERY pleased with my new horsie!

Thanks! I have a few pics uploading. Here is one of them:

DSC05935.jpg

and another
DSC05939.jpg

Last edited:
I think you made a good choice too WL! well done for you - go and enjoy yoursefl and dont keep forcing yourself and Gitcha together if it isnt meant to be.

glad to see you are finally having fun!

UPDATE:

Just rode Pete again (I have him on a 2x a day ride for 25 minutes each time). Anyone have any ideas on how I can stop laughing? :D I canter him and find it so fun I just start laughing, I can't control myself. Its like a slow amusement ride, its so much fun!

I am so pleased with my new horse he is a godsend!

UPDATE:

Just rode Pete again (I have him on a 2x a day ride for 25 minutes each time). Anyone have any ideas on how I can stop laughing? :D I canter him and find it so fun I just start laughing, I can't control myself. Its like a slow amusement ride, its so much fun!

I am so pleased with my new horse he is a godsend!

Don't stop laughing! He looks a total sweetie :D, and I LOVE horses who canter like that--like a rocking horse :cool:

I am SOO pleased to hear how well things are finally going for you WL! If you get a chance, can you try sending some of that growing confidence my way :D
I could ship Pete up there for you for a couple weeks!? :p Honest to god I am so in love with this horse. I am having the most fun I have had with horses in a long time.

Grace- Will see if my laughing syndrome resolves in a few weeks, otherwise I will never beable to show this horse! I will crack up in the middle of a dead silence WP class. Imagine that?!

I know I have,I meant I didn't say it in this thread,but she said, "now back to selling Gitch" with rolling eyes, which I found a bit rude. Sorry if I bug everyone when I change my mind....

forget it...

Last edited:
After all the threads with titles like:
'My confidence has gone'
and
'Should I sell Gitch?'

It's brilliant to see
'I can't stop laughing in canter!' :D:D:D

Was gonna ask you for a Pete update so very glad to have come across it.
Look forward to the next one hun :) xxx

WL I know we have spoken about this cos you have PM me, but just for everyone else. You dont bug me at all about Gitch, I enjoy reading your posts and as I have said I realise how hard it is for you to make the decision to Sale Gitch. However, you did say in one of your posts that you had made that decision but I guess it is something you will do when you are good and ready:)

I am genuinely pleased for you that you have found Pete and that you are enjoying the time you are spending with him (again you know my views cos we have been 'talking')

I apologise if you thought I was 'rude' cos it really was not meant in that way at all and maybe I just hit a raw spot.

Glad thats cleared up, enjoy your time with Pete:) and I look forward to reading about how you are getting on and what you decision will be along the lines with Gitch:)

Well done WL, so glad to hear you are happy with Pete. :D He looks lovely and sounds exactly what you need, and his canter sounds perfect!!!

newrider.com