Update on our rearing problem ..

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
well .. since moving to the summer field I have had no more rears .. she is still stubborn to move sometimes but she hasn't so much as even threatened to rear again ..

hmm very odd, I have led her over the field out of the field .. into the field .. up to the top of the field .. and no rears or threats to rear at me .. where as EVERY time I led her down the winter field she would start ..

maybe there is something she doesn't like in the winter field .. I don't know,

but I am happy she has stopped it :cloud9: one nasty habit we can certainly do with out

Did she rear coming in or going out? (Sorry if I missed your other thread). Storm went through a patch of doing mini rears coming in at night, think it was pure excitement because there wasn't much grass and she was worried that Chloe might get to the food before her!!! It seems to have gone for the time being, because they've got more grass available.

Bella had been doing this through sheer baby excitement, hers started when moved to her summer field, my guess is that this is the first time she's ever had proper spring grass so it's gone to her head a bit! It had stopped for a few weeks but she had another hooly day yesterday (not great when you're trying not to throw up!), all this rain has sent the grass shooting up!

Did she rear coming in or going out? (Sorry if I missed your other thread). Storm went through a patch of doing mini rears coming in at night, think it was pure excitement because there wasn't much grass and she was worried that Chloe might get to the food before her!!! It seems to have gone for the time being, because they've got more grass available.

Bella had been doing this through sheer baby excitement, hers started when moved to her summer field, my guess is that this is the first time she's ever had proper spring grass so it's gone to her head a bit! It had stopped for a few weeks but she had another hooly day yesterday (not great when you're trying not to throw up!), all this rain has sent the grass shooting up!

it was usually when I led her down to the bottom of the field away from the stables and Maddi

newrider.com