Update on me. *Sensitive*

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Idk why I am doing this. I guess I need to tell people and you're a supportive bunch :)
Sox has been doing amazing. Unfortunately , My mental health hasn't. Within the last 2 months I have spent many hours waiting for stitches or blood results from unhealthy ways of coping.
Within the last 7 weeks I have had many psychiatric assessments to assess whether I have been safe to leave. When I did end up admitted i was almost sectioned as I wasn't thinking straight .

Then my mental health led me to believe Sox would be better off with a different owner. I had him up for sale for 72hours, had alot of interest. Then several friends persuadedme 20210427_123009.jpg

I am never letting it happen again. Hopefully going into hospital in the next few weeks to get the help I need.
20210103_005333.jpg

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
Really hope you get the support you need sooner rather than later! And definitely keep talking about everything if you want ☺️ seeing you and Sox happy together is so positive so I hope there is alot more of that in the future.

Reactions: lauren123

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I’m really glad you realised selling Sox wasn’t a good plan, and that you are reaching out for help and getting it. I know going into hospital isn’t something you want to do but needs must, for yours and the big ole giraffe’s sake x

• Love

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
If ever you need to look for positives in your life, Sox is a massive one, if those pics are anything to go by. You're doing all the right things. Hugs.

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Keep going Lauren. We are always here to listen and everyone wants you to get better. You are the most amazing owner to Sox and I couldn’t imagine anyone loving their horse more. He needs you just as much as you need him.

I wish I could give some magic advice to help you through this, but all I can say is that we are here for you. You are a valued and long standing member of this forum and we want you to stay here with us.

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
Nothing to add really. Its good that you are able to share and are sensible enough to ask for help.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Nothing to add just good positive vibes for you - hope you are better again soon - your bunny and Sox need you.xxxxxx (and I am also glad that you share with us, this is a kind and lovely forum and you are a big part of it).xx

Reactions: lauren123 and Huggy

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
I am there too. Including the admissions and sectioning. This last week has gone back downhill with the same coping mechanisms. The nurses I have spoken to agree that they are failing me and the support I need simply isn’t there. So currently I am asking for help each time I am assessed and not getting it. What then happens is a crisis and i get sectioned. Very frustrating. That said I can’t go to hospital just now as I need to give my horse his meds. It is him that keeps me going. So hold on to Sox and message me if I can help. I can’t fix it but I can maybe understand it a bit.