Update on me and my friesian Ellie

friesianfan69

Feb 7, 2007
Hertfordshire
We,ve been having lessons and improving on things.
We,ve had a couple of shows out, we got a 2nd in hand in foriegn breeds class in june, and we done Ashwell show on monday getting a 1st in foriegn breeds, then we won the championships class :wub:
Now my aim is to get the canter sorted out so we can do some ridden classes.
We have a dressage champs at the end of this month....Gulp!!!
How are all the other friesian on NR?

Kidsxlesson7055.jpg

Stevshowjuly2010110.jpg
Show in june

AshwellShowAugust2010012.jpg
Foriegn breeds Aug

AshwellShowAugust2010021.jpg
Championships!

AshwellShowAugust2010127.jpg
Celebrating with my friend!

wow she's stunning!:inlove::inlove:

how big is she? she looks huge! When i was at college one of the students had a fresian Stallion on livery there and he was just lush and the biggest softy going too! :smile:

wow she's stunning!:inlove::inlove:

how big is she? she looks huge! When i was at college one of the students had a fresian Stallion on livery there and he was just lush and the biggest softy going too! :smile:

She is 16 1/4hh, im a short ass so makes her look bigger :wink: She is always mistaken for being a boy!

She is lovely!

I'll even hold my hand up and say I don't normally like fresians, the ones that are very angular with high head carriages and lighter bone but yours is a lovely type...how I'd imagine a fresian should look like.

Shes lovely. They have become very popular lately and you dont often see a good example of the breed, nice to see one for a change. Well done on your well deserved wins :wink:

She is lovely!

I'll even hold my hand up and say I don't normally like fresians, the ones that are very angular with high head carriages and lighter bone but yours is a lovely type...how I'd imagine a fresian should look like.

Thankyou very much, I try to ride and school her long and low so as not to get the big upright neck.
She is the older bred type baroque

Last edited:
She is lovely, my favourite breed is the friesian but ended up with a cob and a TB somehow :giggle:

Congrats on your success at the shows and she does look massive in the pics!:smoke:

she's looking good - her mane is amazing. xanders seems to have got to one length then stopped! cant imagine him having flowing, tumbling locks like those. how old is she now?

even though she is baroque, she seems to be a sporty baroque if that makes sense? as in doesnt look so heavy she cant get herself over a decent jump. a very nice build. hopefully xander will end up something like that, fingers crossed!

she's looking good - her mane is amazing. xanders seems to have got to one length then stopped! cant imagine him having flowing, tumbling locks like those. how old is she now?

even though she is baroque, she seems to be a sporty baroque if that makes sense? as in doesnt look so heavy she cant get herself over a decent jump. a very nice build. hopefully xander will end up something like that, fingers crossed!

Thanks for all your lovely comments :cloud9:
Yes Tazzy anne her sire was sports horse type and dam is a the heavier type so you are very correct in saying shes finer.
She was 6 yrs in march, i find not using a neck cover helps keep her mane full and long, and i dont brush it to death.

newrider.com