update on kaisers vet visit......!!!

skewbald-mad

Sep 20, 2007
fife, scotland
well it was certainly eventful! first needle got snapped, then kaiser decided he really didnt like the vet poking and prodding at him and his man bits, so had a race around the stable, after about 10 minutes of the vet trying to let kaiser get to know him, eventually get the needle in him!

then he goes and tells me he has to come out again in 6 weeks time to do it again!!!!!!

Must've missed an earlier thread.

Whats happening with Kaiser?

:)

got his first vaccs today, and having farrier out on monday!

vet was very nice, he asked to give him a carrot just so kaiser didnt think he was completely horrible!!!

I do that as well.

Whenever a stranger comes to say hello to Lady, I tell them to give her a treat and she'll be your friend for life (still doesnt work though with everyone).

:)

Our vet had been touching Jessie since she was born! She had a "pretend" dentist session the other week at 8 months, bless her -- was such a good girl about it! For Kaiser too it's great practise to be touched every where and jabbed etc!

Maybe have a go at some of Sue McDonnell's ideas to get Kaiser used to being poked and prodded? I tried something similar with my (grown up) boy, and he actually nickered at the vet when he was drawing blood. Vet was very taken aback, nothing like that had ever happened to him before :D
It's here :) Eta I didn't have a white coat or model vet or needle - I just used a bit of prickly bush (I think it was hawthorn ;-)) for the jaggy bit.

I've had vague plans to buy an cheap electric toothbrush to do similar for dentist but not got around to it yet.

newrider.com