uncomfortable horse

Donna H

Sep 8, 2000
Visit site
My horse is 18months old (TAZ) to anyone who has red the rescue horses thread. when i catch him in the evenings he is always by the gate or at worst he will come when called. last night when i went to get him i called him for ages he was alone in the field and nowhere to be seen eventually i found him and all was fine (or so i thought) tonight i went up there again and no sight of him again i eventually found him in the same spot as last night. except this time when i put his head collar on he refused to move it tock me about 15 mins to move just over a normally one minute walk. he would walk one step then stop and we would have a real battle to get any further again he is genereally areal plod but nothing like this and he would never refuse to go forward. ok so i thought he might be lame . But no. But he was definately uncomfortable. At this point i would like to mention that 1 month ago he was gelded.(no stitches and i was told buy the vet not to clean the would and just to let it heal) is this normal. two weeks later i called the vet back out as the wound did not look right to me it look rather scabby and large. But the vet said this was fine. Do you think it could be this that is causingthe discomfort. any ideas I have got the vet comming out on thursday anyway but wanted to know what you all thought.
Cheers sorry for going on
Donna

Vet

It may be the cause for discomfort, sorry, but I don't know any further! What I do know is to get a second opinion. Call a new vet and get him to come and check your horse. Maybe there is something wrong, and you want to do everything you can to find out what, and make it better.

Give It A Try!
Let Us Know The Outcome!
Maci :)

It is normal to leave the would open to heal from the inside out. But if you are in any way worried get another opinion. It should not be swollen by this time. A month should have seen all the swelling gone.

There can be complications with gelding, get another vet to take a look.

I think it may very well be the cause!!!! You shouold, if possible, get another vet to come and look at it! Please let me know what happens!!!!

pineapple@robinsmail.com

Re Taz And his castration

Well the strange behaviour was due to him being cut The vet returned removed all the dead tissue in hunt for infection but could not find evidence but there was definately some lump their which was removed (probably some leftover testical) he has been on anti biotics and all has been fine for the last week. Until today that is when i noticed that his scab has come off and another lump of grisley stuff has appeared so i am thinmking it is some for of hernia and the vet we be back to visit soon

newrider.com