Ugh....*self pitying moan*

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
DISCLAIMER: This is a self pitying moan that doesn't involve horses and has no real point...you have been warned!!

I got the email from the 'new man' saying he wants to be single. He's being realistic, I was being romantic. He is Mr Perfect, something had to go wrong, and him being out of the country for 9 months of the year isn't exactly ideal. My mum absolutely loved him & I just don't have the heart to tell her it's over.

I just had my implant taken out of my arm, it wasn't exactly pleasant. The anaesthetic hasn't even worn off and it is hurting. I'm going to be left with a big swollen, bruised arm and my stupid, yucky, inconvenient periods will be coming back :frown:

My bad skin is so bad it's making my skin sore. I had got to the point I could go out without make up (helped by having a very attractive man fancy me I'm sure!) but not anymore.

Ugh, what's wrong with me?! :help:

Sorry you guys are having to hear my downer, I'll be good once it's all written down.

It's his loss...and will be the luck of some wonderful man yet to appear on the horizon.
But I know it's still a big pile of :poop: now. Sending hugs, virtual chocolate, and agree with the above; organise yourself a girls night xxx

Awww, big hugs!!!!

These things have a habit of making you feel like poop at the time, but at some point you will look back and realise it was for the best.

Mr Right is probably just around the corner ;)

Thanks guys, girly night with my best friend has already been arranged for Friday night :dance:

Trying not to get too upset over him, I knew this was going to happen. I'm annoyed at myself for letting myself get too involved.

Aw, shucks - all I can say is it is his loss!! You know, I am a hopeless romantic and luckily for me, (you'll be sick after reading this I know!lol) but when I met OH I just *knew* he was the one and since 1986 we are still together (but not without ups and downs I hasten to add!). But, point I am getting to is this: Mr Perfect will appear at some point, and you'll both "know" and want the same things. So don't settle for second best (cos this is what it obviously was!!!). Chin up, get your false eye lashes on etc (assuming you wear 'em) big hair on and enjoy. Do hope you are cheery again soon. Lots of Mrs Trewsers luv vibes on their way.

Look on the bright side - you've still got your tan:biggrin:

Agree with the others - his loss. Get yourself out on the town and go and have some fun x

Its easy done when you get on well with someone and have that spark.
Been there and felt a prize fool several times.
Have a blast on Friday!

Yep, prize fool just about covers it.

This one seemed good, he was lovely, kind, funny, he actually seemed into me. We had mutual friends and they all thought this one was going to work out. Ah well, these things never do work out for me....I should be used to this feeling.

What a prize assed plonker.

That about sums up my thoughts on the matter really. I'm eternally single and would no doubt have exactly the same response to the situation that you have, expecting him to leave because of past bad experience. But the law of averages says at some point, most of us will find some bloke silly enough to put up with us. It'd just be nice if it happened sooner rather than later! Such is life, get your butt back out there and have fun looking for him. Oh (Apologies to those who are in a lovely stable, loving partnership) but Laura, at least you have that lovely prospect of finding your dream bloke. Those that already have one can't day dream about the most amazingly wealthy, handsome, funny and strong blokes that we will most definitely find one day who will buy us the most amazing house and land so we can have lots of horses! Keep your chin up.:wink:

This is the problem FM, this bloke was wealthy, handsome (extremely, yet didn't know it) funny and strong! He happily joked that I was going to be an expensive girlfriend since he was going to have to buy me a 4x4 to get to the yard, a horse and a trailer! He 'dream' shopped for a horse with me (I spent many hours dream shopping for flats and cars with him), he loved Harvey too.

He was fecking perfect! But not, he works abroad 9 months out of the year, not so perfect.

There's guys exist that will put up with horseys, buy you a nice house, land, and all the puurty ponies you see for sale?
Anyone have a map that leads to this island?
Can I swap my current partner for one? I wouldn't mind doing part exchange....trade in and pay a little bit? :p

But he wasn't or isn't perfect - for you.

Everything happens for a reason and when you do meet the right one, it will throw into perspective the stark reality of what 'Mr Perfect' was, which is just an illusion.

I remember when I was 20 working in London and the boyfriend at the time finished with me. I remember flopping down in the chair in the MD's PA's office and saying 'well thats it, no-one else will ever want to go out with me again, I will be single forever' and she at what seemed hugely old - 44, told me I was a silly girl, and that there would be lots more boyfriends before the right one came along - and she was right!

It does sound like there's no harm in bearing him in mind and catching up with him again when he's next in the UK... keeping it real in the meantime obviously and in the absence of a better alternative :wub:

Oh dear, you are having a rotten time. I find that animals are much more reliable than any man.

I had my implant taken out on Thursday... feeling your pain. It was rather gruesome. I advise getting onto the jag (Depo). I dont get periods with it but the implant was crazy!

Chin up, things wil get better!

Thanks CMP, since I'm single again I've decided to just lay off the hormones for a while. My skin is awful and it's all down to hormones, so I think I need to let my body get back to normal then take it from there.

Thanks everyone, it's nice to hear an unbiased view, and your right, he might be perfect...but he's not perfect for me. His career is more important to him right now, and that's ok. I have been in that position before.

Maybe if we are both single when he decides to stop his crazy job, but not now. For now we are staying friends, he is a lovely guy, a good guy, and a good friend, hopefully we can catch up when he is back in the UK.

Until Mr Right comes along I shall continue worrying (along with my mother) what the hell is wrong with me!

Anyone want to find me a man?!?! :unsure:

if its any conselation same here met some fascinating funny and kind but a good friend ruined that so now no good friend either 9 mths is a very long time though in a way he was probably putting you first

Aw bless you Laura - you're having a Bridget Jones moment lovey! We all have them!

By the time he comes back after his 9th stint abroad (what is he btw - a spy?!) you'll be giving off confident self-assured vibes because you've met at least one further "Mr Perfect" who utterly adores you .... and so it will follow that Mr Spy will desperately want you because your pheromones are screaming out "This woman is ON FIRE" lol :inlove:

THEN you can decide whether he's Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver
:giggle::giggle:

In the meantime, get back on the (proverbial) horse and GALLOP on with your life xx

Aw bless you Laura - you're having a Bridget Jones moment lovey! We all have them!

By the time he comes back after his 9th stint abroad (what is he btw - a spy?!) you'll be giving off confident self-assured vibes because you've met at least one further "Mr Perfect" who utterly adores you .... and so it will follow that Mr Spy will desperately want you because your pheromones are screaming out "This woman is ON FIRE" lol :inlove:

THEN you can decide whether he's Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver
:giggle::giggle:

In the meantime, get back on the (proverbial) horse and GALLOP on with your life xx

Ha ha! Thank you Shetlander, this made me smile!!

I might not meet someone as good looking, wealthy, sporty or willing to walk out with me on a hack...they might not be as perfect....but at least they will live and work in this country!

newrider.com