Tylers probably got Mud Rash :(

J

jenmac_85

Went up to check my boy today and while grooming him I felt something with small lumps under his coat on a hind leg. Bent down and there were spots of blood on it. Rubbed it and joy of joys, some hair came out in clumps :eek:.

Text Nookster who phoned me with some much needed advice - thank you hunni - and then YO who told me he will have a look at it in the morning and let me know how bad he thinks it is at the moment.

Ty was such a wee soldier. He didn't bother a bit when I was checking to see how far it had spread. Fortunately it is only one one leg at the moment with all other three legs looking fine, but only time will tell.

Can't believe that I have managed a full year and now the munchkin decides its time to get me all worried about him :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, it seems Pig oil may be required :(

On 0745-2015 for the next three days which is rubbish, so will need to go up after I finish and check how things are going. Nurses will be wondering why I keep disappearing into tearoom to check phone lol.

As said don't stress hun :)

I can give you a made up version to get you started so just shout when needed.

He'll survive - trust me if you only just noticing - vol was skinned a live and i still couldn't fix it when i eventually had coyotes help with pig oil so he'll be fine

and in a week or two you will never notice and never worry bout mud fever again

xx

newrider.com