Two questions - cameras and gloves

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I would like a small cheap (under £100) camera I can hang round my neck when I'm riding to take snaps. Nothing fancy, just something that can be attached to a lanyard that I can pick up and press a button to take a pic.

I need this because I find my (touch screen) mobile totally impractical for taking pictures without needing two hands. Even once I've taken my gloves off, dug the phone out of my pocket, unlocked the screen and selected the camera function, it's too large to hold in one hand and reach the screen 'button' to take the pic.

But on the subject of using a mobile when riding, does anyone know whether those gloves that work with touch screens are any good? And can you get ones that are also suitable for gripping reins?

You are probably better off using good riding gloves. My tred step and Ariat gloves both work reasonably well on touch screen cos of the material is not smooth on them

I had some iphone gloves but I wore the fingers off them! lol They were cheapo ones from the local Spar shop - but of course I ended up mucking out in them too...

Thanks guys. I had no idea you could use a touch screen with some normal gloves, I have enough trouble using it with my fingers! I'll have to try it with my riding gloves. Dannii - I got the S3 just before the S4 came out!

newrider.com