two falls in the space of two minutes

ScoutsHonour

Nov 28, 2012
That's a new record for me anyway :giggle:

What was supposed to be a nice, quick bareback walk in the school turned out to be a rather embarrassing, funny and painful experience!

We have a set of caravan steps as a mounting block in the school, usually I swing my leg onto her back and pull myself up.
So, I try that today and get stuck, and as there were various farm workers round the arena I decided to try mounting off something higher, so I got a plastic crate and stood it on top of the steps (I now see this was a very stupid idea :eek: ) checked it, it seemed secure, so I got on Cleo, although I needed one last shuffle to get into position, didn't realise I still had most my weight on the crate and the whole lot fell down, with me following, I landed sitting on the mounting block :giggle:

so, I got rid of the crate and tried to get on the first way, Cleo of course decided to walk off as I was half on, which then resulted in me sitting on the floor for a second time!

In the end I went to get my saddle :giggle: Its one of those times I really wish someone had a video camera, my back is feeling rather sore, I landed on my Coccyx the first time

Oh no. Getting on is one of the hardest things about riding bareback. I climb onto a wall and then kind of jump on! I did try using the mounting block, but it wasn't high enough to get on him. I hope that you feel better tomorrow.

I fell off 3 times in half an hour once and that was WITH a saddle lol!!!!! Useless I was at staying at whe my mare at the time used to refuse and put in very dirty stops at jumps!!

Three times in one go is my record. I was trying to get a friends nutter over a very small jump. It was a baking hot summer and the ground was like concrete. I managed to get it over on the fourth attempt. The next day I couldn't move my arm yowch.

Ill not forget the time I fell off three or four times doing Xc practice - group lesson and pony did four different things at same tyres fence and everytime I came off a different way!!

Oh if I had video evidence I could be £250 better off :D

On a more serious note my hip is really bad, it took me 5 minutes to get on (with a saddle) today and almost cried because of the pain, then proceeded to ride with only one leg working :eek: It really hurts now though, riding wasn't the best idea

newrider.com