turning into an ebay addict...

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
...not buying luckily. I've got a few items up just now which seem to be getting a lot of interest. (my old saddle and a few handbags)

I'm getting addicted to checking how many view they've had and how many people are watching the items... it seems to be going up all the time! I feel slightly pathetic admitting this though but I'm sure there are other people out there who get the same with ebay!

I'm going to be digging more stuff out at the weekend to ebay as I'm feeling a little skint this month having had show stuff to buy and I want a lesson or two as well so thought I'd have a clear out to make up for it!

It's brilliant isn't it.

I have just sold a xtrainer that I bought second hand on eBay 18 months ago and sold it for £45 more than I bought it for!

I've got a number of horsey bits to sell but am going to try to do it through my local Facebook horse group so I don't have to gaff with postage and packaging but if it doesn't sell on there ill list everything starting at only 99p. Never fails to get what I want for it with a good ad that finishes at the right time.

I love ebay for selling too!
I must admit though, I have bought quite a bit on there also. Selling is addictive, I keep checking mine to see what's what!lol
I have found personally, that the brand new stuff I've tried to sell doesn't sell that well - it's second hand that seems to do better. Even though the stuff I've had that is brand new is a bargain, folk want something that's a bargain and prefer something in "excellent condition" if that makes sense.

I am a total ebay addict ! I find it a right buzz to see bids going up ! and that last minute frenzya:):spin::playfull:

I admit to be an eBay addict, both buying and selling!!!

We even bought a second hand kitchen off eBay and fitted it ourselves (had to buy a few extra cabinets and new worktop)

Last edited:
Total addict buy and sell I keep saying I'm deleting it,stopping my account I'd be far richer but its great getting a margin and selling things that someone can use when I don't!I never do delete it though,have the moby app love it :D

Until I got the knack of the prices I used to package and take to post office to get a price before listing,done this again recently with the price changes now I know what is what I can list as I need to.
Best way is to take to post office or weigh and take measurements and get a courier price on line.hope that helps :)

Get quotes before hand (and add in the packaging costs) and then look at what others are charging and go for the average.

Tbh I think it makes little difference what you charge on a smooth translation as long as you don't take the pee. Most people would have a budget to spend whether that's £15 made up of £10 + £5 p&p or £5 + £10 p&p but p&p obviously too high will put many bidders off. Sellers do that as you don't pay eBay fees on p&p.

Jc is right post office is dear,i use them though as it is easier for me to do that as opposed to drop off points for couriers or pick ups etc if you can go courier i would.
But I havnt had any trouble selling anything even rugs at 12.50 parcelforce48 service bit I'm fair in the price of the item.

newrider.com