Trying hard not to get too excited....!

Bimbambo

Bea - My Boy Freddy's Mum
May 16, 2006
Essex
Think we may have found another pony after the nightmare of our first find failing his vetting!

I was getting very naffed off trawling the internet everyday hunting for the right pony. Found some but didn't instantly fall in love with any. Happened to mention these problems to yard owner who told me off for not asking for her help sooner!

She has been fantastic and gave us first option on 2 horses that have come into the yard this week.

Jess went down to ride them both and ended up falling in love with the first and not bothering to ride the other!

He is a beautiful connemara 6 year old gelding, 14h, dapple grey, called Freddie.

He seems perfect for Jess, very forward going but with brakes, a fantastic jumper and fast against the clock. PLUS he is safe enough for my novice son to ride too. What a find!!!

Jess is going to hack him tomorrow evening but he is apparantly 100% at that too. I'll take my camera so can post pics and ask for your critiques.

There's just another vetting to arrange now.....!!!!:eek: :eek:

Thanks everyone!

Jess has hacked him out now and he was very excitable! She went out with three others and he was very keen to get to the front (they were 3rd of the 4). When she pulled him up he was really on his toes and wouldn't stand still.

Spoke to the YO who told us that he hadn't hacked out in company for about 18 months which would explain the behaviour. She said that she would get him ridden out with others everday for 'as long as it takes' to get him calm.

YO knows him very well as she originally brought him over from Ireland, schooled him and then sold him to a family that were/still are very close to the yard. For that reason she knows that he is capable of being as calm and reliable on a hack as he is on the school.

Jess also said that, looking back, she could have ridden him better but that she paniced a little and tensed. As he is very responsive this will have got him excited!!!

Going over again on Tuesday but hope, hope, hope that this problem is solveable as he is fantastic in every other way. :D

Well it doesn't sound like anything dramatic happened (I presume your daughter arrived back safe and sound). So as long as she can handle him and isn't going to get her confidence wrecked - it can be a great idea to have a slightly more challenging pony :) .
Good luck :D !

Hi DB

Yes she certainly came back in one piece - and didn't seem too worried! Went straight into the school and does what she loves best - jumped! And my God is he good at that!!!!!!

I agree that a challenge is great but am slightly concerned by the fact she wants to try hunting this year and that she might feel slightly out of control.

Asked Jess if she would be happy to take him out with others again this week and she said yes so that should tell me something!!;)

newrider.com