Trying another share horse tomorrow!

beakysian

Mar 26, 2008
Durham, UK
For those that have read my previous thread, the TB is sound again and I was due to hack him today but his owner has just postponed until tomorrow. It's a bit of a nuisance to be put off at such short notice so...I've booked another viewing :biggrin:

On this:-
Hello, just read your advert and we have a beautiful 14.2hh cob up for loan due to my children wanting to compete. She has a fabulous nature, excellent stable manners. she is good to shoe, clip & box. Unfortunately due to a bad accident she doesn't jump but she is a brilliant hacking pony. We have had her for four years and she hasn't disappointed us. It was my children's first pony and we learned everything with her so she is certainly a pony to get your confidence up. We are currently at ****. There is 15,00 acres of off road hacking and two arenas, one indoor and one outdoor. The yard is surrounded by beautiful scenery!

I'm looking forward to this one as it is nearer home and a cobby pony is more my type than a TB really.

Just wondering now what the etiquette is for having a hack on one tomorrow lunchtime (the 2nd viewing) and then zipping off to see the next one at teatime! :running: I suppose I would be sensible to come away from the TB and think about it before making a decision anyway so that is a reasonable thing to say as to why I wouldn't agree to a share on the spot. Any thoughts from the NR folk??

How exciting! They both sound lovely. I think it would be quite acceptable to say that you really like the TB (if you do obviously) but you don't want to make any quick decisions for both your sakes so would like to sleep on it. If you think about it, the loaner would much prefer you considered it seriously before committing rather than making a decision on the spot and then regretting it a few weeks later. You don't have to say anything about the cobby pony (who sounds perfect by the way, although I wonder what the accident was that makes her unable to jump?).

Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Just noticed that the TB is for sale on Preloved. Ad put up 4 days ago. Very confused now and feeling like I'm going to be messed around...:unsure:

I would go and see both again but I think the cobby type sounds better option. I dont like that you are getting messed about by the tb owner to be honest. I woud try to keep an open mind and be honest with both owners and say you have 2 horses to see. It means that everyone knows where they stand.

I have seen a lot of horses up for loan and then sale, then off sale etc I wonder if the owner does not really know what he/she wants to do with the horse? It would make me a bit wary.

Good luck :biggrin:

newrider.com