Troxel hats

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
Are they any good (safety wise and looks wise)? I quite fancy the Spirit Plus, Legacy Gold or the Sierra, as I like the idea of lightweight and vents!

I also like the price :) so if they're as good as they seem I'm thinking of getting one, since I don't want to spend a hundred quid if I can avoid it on something that'll have to be replaced anyway if I fall on my head!

Only thing is I can't seem to find any pictures of anyone wearing one, and I can't imagine what they look like on, so which Troxel wearer is brave enough to post a pic of themself wearing it?!

I'm not sure what model mine is, but there's a photo of me in it on my thread "hacking out - photos to prove it". For some reason, this won't let me post a picture that I've already attached to another thread.

Love the hat because the venting makes it a lot mor comfortable than my traditional velvet helmet.

I have a sierra. I got it coz it was adjustable and I needed to buy one online, plus I also liked the price and vents. I personally don't care for it much as I have a wierd very classic velvet shaped head- you know, sort of long and thin! It is adjustable and feels secure bbut a bit shallow.

I don't have a photo, only videos (not flattering and prob not helpful but http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz348/Honey65/?action=view&current=30May2010-3.flv :redface:)

I have the Sierra and love it - tis very lightweight but in very hot weather I still find it too hot - but that is probably just me - my friend with shorter hair finds her very cool to wear.

Find them great in hot weather, I have all the colours too !!!

Currently using the LAS endurance riding hats, same as troxels in that they are vented but all come in one size to fit all, you just adjust at the back with a dial.

Afraid I am an obsessive collector of horsey products :smile:

Find them great in hot weather, I have all the colours too !!!

Currently using the LAS endurance riding hats, same as troxels in that they are vented but all come in one size to fit all, you just adjust at the back with a dial.

Afraid I am an obsessive collector of horsey products :smile:

troxels have multi fit dials or levers.

but are shaped slightly different to head size so come in 3 adjustable sizes.

i have had the legacy gold, the spirit and the sierra.

love them all.

they are very safe also, scoring results in the top 5% of hats a few years ago, beating many more expensive etc hats ...

newrider.com