treeless saddles

I'm no expert, but I have a Dream Team which, as I understand it, was a spin off from another type but more aimed at jumping. I hop logs etc in it happily but wouldn't do courses as the stirrup bar/attachment worries me re pressure points, I find it very stable and comfy for the odd log though.

Reactions: ponylover88
Ridden in four different ones, including one apparently for eventing, hated them all. They felt unstable and I felt like they could slip round. I found my legs swung more in them especially jumping

Have a browse at my site.
It all depends on you and your horse. I haven't had slippage issues apart from my Barefoot. That's a nuisance to jump in though I did do 2ft easily.

Ansur, solution, startrek, trekkers and sensation jump model are one I'd look into for conpetion. They all look more traditional too. I've been riding treeless a few years now and only slippage I had was with the barefoot ,found them to be pretty laterally unstable at times. The solution,startrek and trekkers have panel like a treed saddle,the sensation requires a pad to give spine clearance. I personally love sensations and use mine on a variety of horses,close contact feel and best weight distribution stirrup system as far as I'm concerned. There us a girl who Fox hunts her fresian in a sensation jump :)

I've ridden in an Ansur Konclusion and both me and Raf loved it. So now I'm keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced second hand one, trouble is they seem to be rare as hens teeth. I've been advised against the new Solutions as they have a very narrow gullet, also in my searches I've come across a lot of posts on forums from people saying they loved their new Solution to start with but had problems as time went on. Agree with NF though, it really depends on what you and your horse are comfortable with.

I've found Ansurs and Sensations best for jumping in. The less structured saddles I have found can have lateral stability issues, but they are ok for small jumps.

I've ridden in an Ansur Konclusion and both me and Raf loved it. So now I'm keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced second hand one, trouble is they seem to be rare as hens teeth. I've been advised against the new Solutions as they have a very narrow gullet, also in my searches I've come across a lot of posts on forums from people saying they loved their new Solution to start with but had problems as time went on. Agree with NF though, it really depends on what you and your horse are comfortable with.
Just looked at the ansurs. To have a saddle like what I'd be after, I'd be looking at approx $4500!!! *faints*

Thanks guys, it won't let me multi quote, but I shall take a look at ansurs and sensations. I'd come across solution saddles but a little worried that they have narrow gullets and that horses seem to have problems in them!

Will have a look at newforests website too ... I'm still hoping for treed ideally, but who knows...

I always say this when the treeless question comes up, but I love my sensation, admittedly I don't jump high in it but even for my flat backed no withered Haflinger I have never had any slippage at all in it, once on it stays put no matter what, in fact got back from a hack the other day which included a bit canter, lots of trot and some silly spooking and when I got off my girth was undone! Obviously hadn't fastned it properly but it never budged.
I also have a heather moffet phoenix saddle which I also liked but it's very unstabble on Belle hence the sensation.
Also must say in all the time I have been riding treeless we've never had any back problems either, physio always comments on how lovely Belle's back feels.
I think now that even if I could get a treed to fit her I would probably stick with the sensation.

I've tried a HM flexee, I felt so perched on it, and it slipped forwards. Not a real contender.

@Kite_Rider, @No_Angel and @mystiquemalaika where did you guys find your sensations?

I've just had a look on eBay and preloved for an ansur, they're all dressage so not ideal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 4
Ah well my sensation I bought from mystiquemalaika :) where abouts are you ponylover88? If you are any where near me I'd be happy to bring mine over for you to try.
I initially tried one of No_Angels when she lived in the uk, they come up on ebay ocassionally and on pre loved too but are not easy to get second hand.

I'm in notts. I've ridden in a torsion (I think) which I didn't like on Gem, and am planning to try get it back temporarily til I get myself sorted as she's getting bored in the field.

I have actually bought all my current Sensations from MystiqueMalaika, but my other ones I bought from UK dealer, imported from Canada and imported from Europe.
You are more likely to get an Ansur or Sensation from the USA rather than over here. I do know someone who is looking to sell their Formal Dressage Sensation in the UK though.

How much are they after? I really want a gp so I can jump but it's looking like I'll struggle to find one second hand.

I have actually bought all my current Sensations from MystiqueMalaika, but my other ones I bought from UK dealer, imported from Canada and imported from Europe.
You are more likely to get an Ansur or Sensation from the USA rather than over here. I do know someone who is looking to sell their Formal Dressage Sensation in the UK though.
How much are they looking for No_Angel?

I'm in notts. I've ridden in a torsion (I think) which I didn't like on Gem, and am planning to try get it back temporarily til I get myself sorted as she's getting bored in the field.
Probably a bit far for me to come then :-(

The GP's do come up occasionally in the UK, it's just a case of keeping your eyes peeled and looking on the fb group, yahoo treeless pages, preloved and ebay.

She wanting £650 for the formal dressage I think.

The GP's do come up occasionally in the UK, it's just a case of keeping your eyes peeled and looking on the fb group, yahoo treeless pages, preloved and ebay.

She wanting £650 for the formal dressage I think.
You got any pics? I'm hoping to event her so if it's possible to jump low levels then I'd possibly be interested and then find a gp/jump later (asap!)

I found 2 of mine in the UK one now with KR,one now with NA,others I imported. I bought and sold a few until I figured out what I like and don't from each model for what I do(trail riding) turns out I love the so Oran and just bought a SHE that Ilove and have 2 others ordered,western and sonoran direct from nickers as it works out cheaper than through the UK agent. All the models are great imo and I had tried a lot of makes but I love the sensations hands down they win for me every time . Check horse clicks in the USA I've just bought my she from there she was happy to ship here :) also if on fb join sensation fb page and list a wanted ad.

newrider.com