Treeless saddle sweat marks

daljoe

Oct 3, 2007
Silly question time, rode in my treeless saddle for the second time the other day and when I took it off I noticed the only sweat marks on my pony were where my bum cheeks had been sitting, is this normal, I am not quite sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign. Its a libra treeless saddle and I am using a haf pad.

That's not a great sign...I only have 1 set of shims in my Haf pad at the moment but at the end of the ride, I have clear sweat marks down the length of the panels on the pad with a nice dry spinal channel.

How many shims are you using and what shape is your horse?

When I remove my treeless saddle Mac has sweat marks on every part of him where his saddle and saddle pad have been and he has a clear dry line down his spine

To be honest I don't know if I am working him that hard for him to sweat anyway, we only go for gentle hacks and the only sweat marks he gets is in the girth area even when I am riding him in his normal saddle. I am using a haf pad with 2 shims either side which it came with, his normal saddle is a wide fitting if that helps.

Can you pop some photos of your horse from the side (both tacked and untacked) and one from behind (untacked)? Also, what weight region are you in?

Ok did a sponsored 7 mile ride today in my treeless saddle any my god did he sweat:eek: took the saddle of and where his saddle had been was covered in sweat apart from down his spine which was completely dry and the rest of him was wet through, so I am assuming that is what it is meant to be like. My friend did take a photo of me and I will try and pop it on sometime. He is 13.1h and I am about 7 and half stone.

Here hopefully is a picture of us yesterday on our sponsored ride in my treeless saddle which I think needs moving back abit looking at the photo.

treeless.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, yes he is a new forest, and a very strong one as well as I found out for the first time yesterday:eek:

newrider.com