Treeless Pads, What Have You Tried?

it looks like it would, doesnt it? sorry, no personal experience with this particular pad, but it looks quite nice - i like seeing treeless pads that are not a dowdy brown or black!!

I really dodnt like the libra pad and it looks similar. So many chunky seams under weight bearing would bother me pressure wise. Would also want to know what shims were. Libra was almost like polystyrene sheets!

I looked at this one too but thought it seamy.
Libra has horrible polystyrene pads and I don't like it.
have you looked at the other one thats around this price on ebay with removable knee bits?

The shims i agree with the Libra pad they were of no use, so i suspect his to be similar.

I was also wondering about the seams. It was the colour that got my eyes:happy:, not that she needs another pad as i have the Haf, but it's in brown.

I read on one website under the description of the Polypad Pod with air fillament or somesuch that it was useeable with treeless saddles. As for normal Polypads I dont think they would ofer enough spinal clearance, not with my saddle anyways :)

The problem with most treed saddle pads is that they have large bulky seams which can cause pressure points with treeless.

I only have 1 colourful treeless pad and that's my blue Skito, all my others are black. I'm quite happy with black saddle pads, I have colourful bridles instead :biggrin:

Treed pads are also not normally big enough, length or depth. it would also depend on what saddle you had, I have the freeform so it is already structured and not totally flat as in the Libra, old type.

I know Griffin has a treeless pad

Her bridle is bright yellow, but i may get a red one:smoke:

Treed pads are also not normally big enough, length or depth. it would also depend on what saddle you had, I have the freeform so it is already structured and not totally flat as in the Libra, old type.

I know Griffin has a treeless pad

Her bridle is bright yellow, but i may get a red one:smoke:

Which one of Griffins is the treeless?

I have the old type Libra but its only the 15" so not HUGE for fitting something under.

http://www.bettersaddles.co.uk/acatalog/New_Products.html

Scroll down and they have a high wither one.

For smaller treeless you may get away with other pads, i'm always a little dubious on just using a polypad etc as it's the stirrup bars that cause the pressure if there is going to be any. They are normally positioned over the meridians as well.

very nice and must be a fair size to fit a Barefoot 2 as I had one of them and it was huge!
I like their pads for tree'd but thats a big price to pay.
I like the suber for the moment as she is pretty thin and the suber certainly provides that.

sorry to hijack, but which pad is best for the freeform? lots of people say HAF pad but then lots have seemed to cause some rubbing?

i have a cob who doesnt have high withers, but neither does he have no withers at all so i probly would want the option to add shims if needed?

sorry to hijack, but which pad is best for the freeform? lots of people say HAF pad but then lots have seemed to cause some rubbing?

i have a cob who doesnt have high withers, but neither does he have no withers at all so i probly would want the option to add shims if needed?

I have a cob and a Freeform. For the saddle i have used the Haf and the high withered Equitex, although Jack was not high withered it did sit nicer than the standard type.

My cob is not backed with a saddle yet, i'm just being naughty and browsing.

I had a Freeform and Haf pad but haf rubbed at the back. Turning the seams up seemed to help but it still moved a lot. Then had the Freeform with a Mattes treeless pad and the pressure relief system - no rubbing and little movement, but Tobes withers stressed me.

Now have Vogue dressage - initially with Mattes shimmable dressage pad and now with suber pad.

newrider.com