TREC/Agility

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
We had a couple of hours of "intro to TREC/agility" up on the main yard yesterday afternoon. I even washed Albi's mane and tail for the occasion (they were mank!!)

There were 8 of us, up against 13 different obstacles and we could practise in-hand, then ridden when we were ready and then "compete", selecting 10 choices with 10 points on offer for each one. Albi took it all in his stride, he has done stuff like this since he was very young but a few things caught us out so I have things to practise like mounting from the off-side and reversing in a straight line! He was initially more tense about all the others being in there, but settled in minutes.

We earned a respectable 81 points out of 100 which gave us a 5th rozzie, so the standard was high. My friend/RI turned up to watch and as her boy was still turned out and it had hardly been arduous work I lent her Albi whilst I went to eat a sammich in the car with Dom... which was handy! She only intended to have a practise but ended up paying to compete and got 71 points so a joint 6th.

The lady who runs them is coming back in Jan so I may well have another go and see if we can up our score.

FB_IMG_1477765546135-800x533.jpg

FB_IMG_1477765417986-800x533.jpg

FB_IMG_1477765409490-600x900.jpg

FB_IMG_1477765464359-800x533.jpg

Oh....one of the obstacles was a small jump which we did (twice actually coz we practised first) and for the first time I didn't stress about it!

Good fun.

Was just having a look at the international horse agility page as it's something I've often thought about, lo and behold there's a picture of our very own @Ale complete with rosettes. If it's not Ale it sure looks like her :D
Hmmm just had another look (complete with glasses ha ha) maybe it's not?

Yes, Julie...the next one is in January. You should book it now because you only pay on the day so if you can't make it nearer the time just cancel and she can readvertise.

Reactions: juliecwuk
I have done a fair bit of this with my horse, it is great fun. Only downside is all the waiting around for everyone else to have a turn. It can take hours if there are more than a handful of people.

newrider.com