Travelling tacked up - why??

we do when we go to Pony Club - its 10 mins down the road by car and the pony gets hyped up and jumps all over the place when we arrive so its easier to travel tacked up

same if its pouring with rain - we travel tacked up to save trying to tack up in the rain

our pony is a very good traveller and we only ever do it for short road trips - anything over about 20 mins we don't travel tacked up

I do it a lot as I travel to local bridleways that there's no option to ride to. So I can do 5-10 miles in the box, but then there's nowhere to park when I get there other than on the road. To tack up there would mean either tying up to the box in the road or leaving the box ramp down while I get sorted (box has a side ramp and I can't get to the horses easily through the back door). I don't think that either option is fair to other people on the road, so he travels saddled and with all his fluorescent gear on. He's travelled bridled as well before now, but I find that easy enough to put on out of the way when I arrive, but if he was silly I wouldn't risk it and that would be on before leaving home as well.

I've travelled T in her bridle before with a head collar over the top, its just easier when you arrive. Only for short trips though.

I bridle Fab before loading - easier when you get there rather than haveing to take off headcollar then do it. Don't saddle him though, he's a bit of a clumsy oaf in the trailer so would probably trash it!!

newrider.com