Training for our 130 mile charity ride...pics

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
We have been in training now for a few months for a charity ride I have organised, 130 miles ish from north Suffolk to the north Norfolk coast, round a bit and back again over 5 days. I thought I would share a few pics from Thetford Forest over the last few weeks :smile:
jessearsiii_zpsd45de86b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
jessearsii_zpsb46c9166.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Jessears_zpsece64c63.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: Trewsers
It's actually a little daunting now, less than 5 weeks until we start, I hope we are ready for it, we have certainly put in lots of hours training but is it enough lol there are 4 of us doing it and mums driving the support vehicle to meet us at camp each night with the tents etc I'm excited and scared all at the same time

Wow, that is really fab!!

Really good luck, I think it will be absolutely amazing.

I will defiantly post on here, I have got coverage in the AQHA Journal, east anglia rider and hopefully the eastern daily press too. I'm raising money for The Brooke equine hospitals and if anyone would like to sponsor us you can here and I have a Facebook page which I've put quite a lot of our story and pics on already it's called The Big Ride - 1st-5th July 2014

We are planning to ride around 28 miles days 1,2,4 & 5, day 3 we have purposefully made shorter so the horses get some time to recover, even then, for us it's huge, we are just pleasure riders now days as haven't been able to get out to compete in a few years.

I'm riding jess my 11 year old part bred quarter horse, she was diagnosed with cushings last year, she is also the chestnut mare from all those chestnut mare stories you hear and we think she may also have pssm, though that hasn't been confirmed yet, so for her this is a massive challenge but she is really stepping up to it, she's loving doing the work, she's a machine once we get out there.

Last edited:
The riding round here is the whole reason I picked up and moved from Hertfordshire, Thetford forest is a 47,000 acre horsey playground :bounce:

newrider.com