Training aid-please help!

Greta

Welshies Rock!!!
Jan 1, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
I want to get Gina a schoolmasts training aid (it helps the horse to carry its head in the correct position) but im not sure if there are any in South Africa!
Does anyone know of someplace where i can get one and how much it will cost? Does this place deliver? Please help! :( :eek:

There are several 'gadgets' around that can help you do this. We lunge our horses on side reins, but also my instructor helps me work with bringing my horse into a contact, and then down onto the bit, whilst working at keeping my body / aids in tune with horses balance and getting him to work from behind. The side reins and lunging help my horse to build up the muscles to be able to hold himself in a better carriage to carry me, which after all is all what this idea is about in essence. Getting them strong enough to carry you as effortlessly as possible, and for you to be in harmony and balance with their movements.
Could try Robinsons Country wear, Derby Horsewear, these are UK based companies, but also do mail order / internet ordering as well.

i think they're about $50.00 in Australian currency, but careful of different versions of the training aid, they can sometimes force the horse into the outline, causing pain and doing more bad than good.

Thanks for the help! I think maybe ill try lungeing her with side-reins before i egt the gadget because, as one of you said, it might just be uncomfortable and completely unecessary. :)

newrider.com