Trailer test

good thread - will watch this cos i need to know as well - having ohnly passed in 2005 lol

Drive towcar and trailer for about 40 minutes, route is that used for lorry test so lots of city, some dual carriageway.

Manouvers;

Reverse into marked parking space through a s bend marked by cones ,dimensions based on your car/trailer and shown on the DVLA site, parking bay is half as wide again as your vehicle and from memory about 1/2m longer.

Unhitch car drive forward and reverse to park alongside trailer, drive forward and reverse to rehitch, no manouvering trailer by hand.

Think the test costs £80. SFS also had a 1/2 day with an instructor to make sure we new all the manouvers in the test and what is expected for theory etc. That cost another £80

theres a book on the internet you can buy it tells you exactly what is in the test and allthe questions they will ask. My friend has no problems passing thanks to that.

theres a book on the internet you can buy it tells you exactly what is in the test and allthe questions they will ask. My friend has no problems passing thanks to that

Do you know what it's called? I will hopefully be taking my test sometime this summer so that would be very useful!

newrider.com