Trail Ride *PICS!* (lots and lots of them...)

Maggles4Lyf

Jan 9, 2008
Boganville
www.weluvhorses.com
Ok. I know i was supposed to do this AGES ago...
but i only just got the photos off my camera.

On the 17th May, myself and 5 other horsey friends (all who i met on a horse riding camp) went on trail ride :D

I have been to the place a few times before, but this time was by far the best.

We arranged to meet at the place about 20 mins before the ride was due to start (coz it never starts on time :p) and catch up, as we hadnt seen each other in AGES!

we got out there about an hour early, so went in to town and had coffee then went back out to meet the others.

you guys are probably wondering who 'we' are by now, there were only 3 of us at this stage, as we all traveled out together (over an hour and a halfs drive! :rolleyes:.. i just cant pick the places close to home can i?!)

anyhow, filled out the forms, and headed out to mount up.

the plan was that my bestie and I would swap horses halfway (halfway through the ride you stop for a drink and bikkie), as I was on my all-time favourite horse there - who she wanted to ride too - and she was on my other favourite who I also love to bits.

so we all hopped on, and had a dramatic moment of my bestie almost swapping horses as Dexta is 16.2, and she never rides anything over like 15.3 or something. she didnt though!

i went to hop on my pony (who is 13.2 :D) who has a habit of misbehaving (which incidently, is why i love him to bits!) put on a bit of a bunny-hopping pigrooting performance whilst having his girth tightened. my besties dad was like :eek: your riding that!? i says YEP!! hes the best!!

we headed out, and we were all a bit hyper, OMG I HAVNT SEEN YOU IN AGES.. I HAVNT RIDDEN IN AGES.. you get the drift!:eek:

then we stop to cross the road and wait for rest of group to catch up (20+ riders) and ponies were allowed to eat. pull his head up to cross road so pony spins in a circle. i go WOOHOO!!! and stop him haha.

we rode along the road, single file, and i was in the middle of the ride, all squashed up. pony goes OOH! horse up my bum, better move! and starts getting all jiggy and stressy. i take him for a trot up to a gap in the ride so he had a bit more room and wouldnt be stressed. well... it also might have had something to do with me wanting to have a trot... :p

we went for a canter

i know the people that run the place well enough for them to say to me
now ash.. STEADY CANTER. i says yess... rolling my eyes coz ride leader is laughing coz he knows whats going to happen now...

ride leader goes ok ash you can go.. so i take off at a flat out gallop (coz im allowed to, no-one cares coz they know me :D) with ride leader almost falling off his horse laughing at me, and have an awesome time.

friends catch up after doing the same thing, then we are about 15 mins from the stop in the middle of the ride.

friend who was apprihensive about riding Dexta (she REALLY wanted to ride Bongo) says ASH! were not swapping!!

and i celebrated coz i love this pony to bits.

anyhow, we get to the top, then hop back on for the ride home. had a few canters, then a few gallops, and got home.

absolutely AWESOME ride!! cant wait for the next one. :D

very resonable prices too (for those of you in victoria.... ;))

cookies if you got to the end!!!! just realised how long that was!!

PICS!!!

ETA: I know im big on him, but he carries me fine. if he had any trouble carrying me i would have gotten off straight away. but he still jumped a few logs and galloped and hooned around with me on top.

Last edited:
Kim on Dexta
DCP_9520.jpg

Bongo's Neck
DCP_9521.jpg

MEE and BONGO!!
DCP_9522.jpg

Dexta
DCP_9523.jpg

Bongo & Dexta, dad thought bongo was a dog!! gee thanks!!
DCP_9525.jpg

Meg & Madi
PICT0009.jpg

Bongo's Neck (Again)
PICT0010.jpg

Meg's Horse
PICT0013.jpg

Kim & Dexta
PICT0015.jpg

I don't know if it's the angle of the photos, but Dexta looks underweight to me.

ditto that gals!!
Dexta is underweight and under in condition. We saved a mare that was in that state (weight wise) and it was an RSPCA case!

yeah i agree.
i was thinking that he had lost a fair bit of condition since i last rode him - december last year.
no offence to them but i wouldnt want a horse looking like that coming in to winter.
i absolutely love the place so i mean nothing by that - just that i agree that he looks underweight.

in no way is he an rspca case though.
he works fine, isnt unhappy in any way, its just the angle of the pics and the lighting or something from what i can tell, because in real life he looks how he does in the following photos. so in NO WAY is he an rspca case.

BUT: can i please add just not to take it out on me, as i dont own the horse and i cant do anything about it. not saying that anyone has, just in case. this is generally a really nice forum though ;)

and i didnt ask for advice or anything because he is not my horse, this was intended to be a happy post.

comparison pics:
dec last year
DexterMe.jpg

Sorry if I sounded rough! I didnt mean to, and sorry if you thought i was taking it out on you, i didnt mean that either! I want to keep this a happy forum!!

I'm so sorry!!

Its obviously the angle of the pics then, because the mare we saved, looked in around about the same condition as he does in the trail pics, but she also had emotional baggage and was abused. But was also on the low end of the weight scale.

Nice horses, im in NSW what state are you in?!?!

Oh ok!! I was getting worried that I had upset you!!

Im in the riverina, do you know where that is??

Ill PM you a bit later when i have time if thats alright, and ill give you my email addy!!

lol

the horse looks very underweight - id have to say something tbh as he looks awful

looks like a good ride though, great pics ! :)

hey :) looks like you had a super time:D

- not in any way aimed at you.:)....... but my first thought when I saw the pics was the horses are not in very good condition, even in the other pics, he looks underweight. I wouldnt be happy riding there for that reason alone, however Id also have questions about the state and safety of their tack, aside from the condition and fit of it, it looks like almost every keeper is out:rolleyes:

newrider.com