traditional cob advise

kitty!

Apr 3, 2021
hi all,

i did show when i was younger but just getting back into it im worried i dont 100% know what to wear
i have a tweed jacket - its abit of a darker green colour than the light ones i see its a 'aubrion saratoga jacket' is this too dark?
also what colour shirt should you wear/ how do you have your hair?

thankyou :)

Hi and welcome. Im sure there was a similar thread posted on here just a few weeks ago. Cant find it a present.

Hi, I replied on your other thread but to cover all the bases, the tweed can be any colour but it's good if it complements your horse, a white shirt is desirable, and your hair should be very tidy - inside your hat, or in a net, or plaited/put up neatly. If you're showing in hand it seems to be usual to wear a non-safety hat in a style that suits you.

I wore a shirt and tie when I showed my pony because I like a shirt and tie.
C5AC6A1C-B74B-45C4-A88A-E260CBB884BD.jpeg2F0C62ED-0BFD-4940-B633-D61CA30A0BC6.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
Hi, I replied on your other thread but to cover all the bases, the tweed can be any colour but it's good if it complements your horse, a white shirt is desirable, and your hair should be very tidy - inside your hat, or in a net, or plaited/put up neatly. If you're showing in hand it seems to be usual to wear a non-safety hat in a style that suits you.

I wore a shirt and tie when I showed my pony because I like a shirt and tie.
View attachment 106028View attachment 106029
thankyou very much :) lovely horse!!

newrider.com