Towing?

skyenfaye

Aug 10, 2009
County Durham
Not really sure how to wrod this but i was wondering how much it cost you to tow your trailer say, 10 miles?
Or just a rough estemate please?
If you dont mind, it would help alot
Thanks
:redface:

Depends on the car, the weight it is pulling and the land it is crossing (10 miles pulling one pony with an economical vehicle over flat roads will be considerably less than towing 2 uphill).

The "going rate" for transport is approximately £1 - £1.50 per mile but this is usually for longer journeys. If I have a horse picked up and the yard was 10 miles away I would expect to pay £15-£20.

Our old Disco dropped to about 12mpg when towing so say a 4 hour journey possible fuel cost alone about £90. However if someone else is driving and taking into account insurance and car maintenance I would reckon on a £ per mile.

umm
4x4 big and heavy id guess
about 2 hours
with no pony one the way there but one ine the way back id say the roads were flat?
hope that makes sense

2 hours?? For ten miles? :confused:
Is it meant to say 100 miles?

As for being empty on they way there, you can't charge for dead mileage. It cost me about £200 in fuel to do about 650 miles.

Remmy
Between Scotland and Bulgaria. We have done at least 7,500miles towing the horse trailer as have been back and fore.
It was a ford mondeo estate that done 5000 of these miles. We were 100% legal and went to weigh bridge to double check. It was a light weight trailer and furniture on board. It towed up and down Germany, round mountains in Romania without slightest bit of bother.

Wow! I'll never wing at the thought of going 15 miles up the road again then :)

Remmy
Between Scotland and Bulgaria. We have done at least 7,500miles towing the horse trailer as have been back and fore.
It was a ford mondeo estate that done 5000 of these miles. We were 100% legal and went to weigh bridge to double check. It was a light weight trailer and furniture on board. It towed up and down Germany, round mountains in Romania without slightest bit of bother.

newrider.com