Towing solo this Sunday ?

tashford

Feb 13, 2008
If the weather improves I'm gonna take my girls to a small local show this Sunday ! I have towed before but I am awful at reversing, also I usually have my husband with me but he's working, so, I either bite the bullet and stop being such a girl and do this myself, or my girls are gonna miss out !!

Go for it! I remember the first time I towed alone (which wasn't very long ago) and I was poo-ing myself.

But I hitched up and off I went - brilliant! Now, I just make sure I've got a CD that I can chill out and sing to - double check your hitching, plan your route and away we go!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be more than fine. Let us know how you get on xx

I second the "go for it". I had never towed before 3 weeks ago and have now towed 2 x 16 + hands horses twice now. I needed help hitching up and with doing abit of reversing (but that was at the yards), and remeber there is normally somebody at shows who will be willing to direct you if you need to reverse - just ask. Or when you get to the show make sure you park with enough room to just drive out.

Best of luck and I am sure all will be fine and you will have fantastic day and win loads of rosettes!!:D

Go for it, and enjoy yourself. If I didn't go places on my own I'd be a recluse, as I have no choice but to do everything and go everywhere on my own.

You can do things at your own pace and not have any back seat drivers. Just remember when reversing do slow movements and don't rush as this is when it becomes a nightmare. Steer opposite to the way you want the trailer to go - good luck - let us know how you get on :D

You'll be fine - I passed my test in April having only towed 2 or 3 times beforehand and I'm now out at my RI's every week on my own. As for the reversing - I'm sure no one would see you stuck and would help if needed!:)

I'm not chickening out honest, but the forecast for sunday is heavy rain, and I havn't got a 4x4, so really don't wanna get stuck ! Will check weather again tomorrow, as I really wanna do this !!

newrider.com