Total destruction in 10 minutes!

Kis Vihar

Nutty Saddlers !
These photos are the result of a 10 minute storm today!

This is a hailstone....several thousand of which pounded our village! :eek: It really is as big as a golf-ball! And this photo was taken half an hour after the storm when it had already melted a bit!

015-1.jpg

This is our top fence and gates....posts snapped and / or lifted out of the ground! The horses are fine, they are aill still in their field....Rio and Daisy disappeared for a while, but we found them safe and sound.

014.jpg

And THIS is outside our driveway:

013-1.jpg

A huge tree blew down across the road. There was traffic backing up and our neighbour came to the rescue with his tractor and a strong chain. We were doing fine....then the Fire Brigade arrived....and totally ****** things up! Instead of letting us carry on, dragging the whole tree off the road into the farm entrance, the proceeded to get their giant chainsaw out, and cut the tree into loads of 8 foot long sections! Rather than have ONE big thing to move, we had about 20! :rolleyes: They were pretty clueless....!

Anyway - apart from all that chaos, the house flooded, a load of tiles blew off the roof, there's fencing down everywhere and tree-branches all over too. The whole place looks like a tornado has been through here - which we do wonder if that's what happened! :eek:

Our poor neighbour (you can see him partly, the guy close to the camera with grey hair and the navy jacket with a white stripe on his sleeve) - his house is a little more exposed than ours - as well as losing LOTS of his roof, the hailstones smashed his new windows. :(

Half an hour later, the sun was shining, it was like nothing had happened!

holy moly look at the size of that hailstone:hot:

that sounds like such a freak storm!

I am glad you are all ok!!!

gosh, de ja vu of italy quite a few years ago. Finally managed to convince mum and dad to go on a camping holiday. We had hail stones like that, flooded holey tent and cars that look like they had been in a shoot out. Scary stuff kis! How is your neighbours tack doing hehe :)

Wow, are you ok for somewhere to stay if your house is flooded? Flippin eck!:cold:

Glad horses are safe and you both are ok..:smile:

We have a large stash of spare roof tiles from an old barn we demolished. Paul spent an hour on the roof replacing tiles, (one fell right above the door, if I'd been going in/out of the house, it would have hit me on the head!) and I used every towel we had to mop the flood up! I am amazed the computers work....the water was all over the plugs!! :eek: I am actually amazed we have electricity at all! ;) (Although Paul lost the electricity to the workshop when a branch fell onto the cable).

Currently the washing machine is on, washing the pile of soggy towels! P & I both needed a shower after this afternoon's tree-cutting, etc - and we struggled to find a dry towel in the house! :rolleyes:

Glad everyone is ok, the weather is so unpredictable these days! Dreading this winter again as i fear it will not be a mild one :unsure:

We have a large stash of spare roof tiles from an old barn we demolished. Paul spent an hour on the roof replacing tiles, (one fell right above the door, if I'd been going in/out of the house, it would have hit me on the head!) and I used every towel we had to mop the flood up! I am amazed the computers work....the water was all over the plugs!! :eek: I am actually amazed we have electricity at all! ;) (Although Paul lost the electricity to the workshop when a branch fell onto the cable).

Currently the washing machine is on, washing the pile of soggy towels! P & I both needed a shower after this afternoon's tree-cutting, etc - and we struggled to find a dry towel in the house! :rolleyes:

Be careful with the electrics and water being on them, might be working now but could soon cause a fire! We dont want anything else happening to you both!:hot:

Hope you are getting back to normal, that must have been horrendous for you all. Glad you all ok. Do hope you don't get anymore of this dreadful weather. Does it happen regularly? I'm guessing its something to do with the global warming they keep warning us about and change in weather patterns?
Hope you have got some nice clean dry towels too!

The weather is so crazy at the moment, glad you're all ok including the horses - yes agree please be careful with all that water and electric.

newrider.com