Took the horse I'm scared to ride out on XC today!

Waikato Valuta

Aug 8, 2002
Australia
www.dreamwriters.org
Millie has had a few moments which have scared me a lot. I have thought about selling her but find the decision really hard. When she is being good she is amazing. Does everything I ask of her perfectly. When she is having a bad day she will do huge spooks at all the normal things like a car driving past, a jump pole being moved or just seize up, refused to move forward and shake. I've had all the normal things checked saddle, back, teeth. I'm thinking about getting blood done as well but she seems to have settled down again. Fingers crossed it lasts. If she reverts again I'll have to do the bloods. It's winter here so if it's hormones as I suspect it will come back in spring. :'(

So today I took her out on the XC course. It's a 100 acre paddock with about 100 jumps in it. Unfortunately the camera died after my second jump.

Anyway, enough rambling. I was really proud of her and enjoyed the ride so much. My mum was there, behind the camera and kept commenting on the huge smile I had. It's days like this that make me want to keep her. Sigh!!!

Please no crit on the jumping as I was doing it in my dressage saddle. Hence the tiny jumps.

http://youtu.be/5TmyyXJtmb0

http://youtu.be/6muPMN4D5u8

http://youtu.be/cwSPpmnqi5E

looks like your doing really well! don't worry about the tiny jumps or the position you are out in saddle in a situation where quite a few horse end up like loonies!

I have popped the odd jump in my dressage saddle and it feels awful and that's show jumps not XC so extra brownie points for you.

Looks like a fab place and I a pleased you had a good time together.

Some photos from today. I can't get over how good she is being. Is it a dream? Fingers crossed she keeps it up.

599363_10150883983352901_672927182_n.jpg

223961_10150883983227901_196456903_n.jpg

179500_10150883983047901_224433653_n.jpg

600853_10150883982542901_785980675_n.jpg

600555_10150883982467901_391630368_n.jpg

Looks like a proper 'Arabie' lol they have their moments but are amazing. I doubt there is anything wrong tbh. She looks a fabulous ride. I love this uplifting post and I would so have liked to be there doing them jumps with you, if only I had a 'mum' for back up or 'someone' even lol. I do have a mum but shes 86years old and has always tryed to discourage me from horses, animals and riding, so not likely to change lol. I haven't given in, I am 54 and still animal mad and have three horses. I just wish I could get my family involved so I don't have to do everything singlehanded. Sorry random and a bit off thread but I am glad you had a good time:smile:

Looks like a proper 'Arabie' lol they have their moments but are amazing. I doubt there is anything wrong tbh. She looks a fabulous ride. I love this uplifting post and I would so have liked to be there doing them jumps with you, if only I had a 'mum' for back up or 'someone' even lol. I do have a mum but shes 86years old and has always tryed to discourage me from horses, animals and riding, so not likely to change lol. I haven't given in, I am 54 and still animal mad and have three horses. I just wish I could get my family involved so I don't have to do everything singlehanded. Sorry random and a bit off thread but I am glad you had a good time:smile:

Thanks. Does she look like a purebred arab to you? She is a WB X Arab. I get a lot of people telling me she looks like a purebred arab. But I have another arab and when I see them side by side she looks so much chukyier; by arab standards. lol

Anytime you feel like coming to Australia I'll lend you my mare and be your camera person. :smile:

Last edited:
newrider.com