Took Sally to our first proper show today- sooo happy! :)

SallyLoofah

SallyShetlandSlave
May 12, 2009
Essex/ Suffolk Border
Well i took Sally to our first proper show today, and she was an angel! left ourselves about 3/4 of an hour to get her loaded, took one minute as she walked up first time! :):):)

so we ended up at the showground at 8. (classes didnt start till 9, our first was the 3rd class which ended up starting around half 10!) but oh well id rather have plenty of time than be rushing!

she travelled so well bless her, and was so relaxed, just stood around eating grass while we were waiting for our classes!

then the heavens opened and literally bucketed it down, she was so good despite being wet and freezing and surrounded by loony horses! (i did two inhand classes, three people got sent out because their horses were too bad, one managed to let go of her horse and it shot off round the ring, another one kicked out and just missed another pony and another one almost sat on me!)

we came 8th out of 12 in the condition and turnout and 7th out of 10 in m&m, so not too bad! then on the way home she just walked straight in the trailer!

i am just so so pleased with how well behaved she was all day she couldn't have been better!!

sorry for the realllly long post im just so happy i needed to tell someone! :):):) thanks if you read this far! :)

Sounds like your day went much better than you were expecting, despite the awful weather, so you should be feeling pleased with yourself & your hossie -well done:D

newrider.com