Tobiano dam Halflinger sire

Jessebree7

Apr 11, 2021
Oregon
Hi! I’m new here sorry if I’m doing this wrong!
I adopted a mare from a rescue that was an owner surrender, between 8-9 years old, and never been bred. Well I had my doubts because I thought she looked pregnant and I could swear I saw movement. I was assured no that it was just muscle movement. Had geldings my whole life, no experience in that area so I took it at my lack of mare knowledge. Long story short I took her to vet appointment about a week after purchase and we are VERY PREGNANT. He said 10-10.5 months along.
fortunately I was able to find the owner that had surrendered her and she knew immediately the Sire. Quite a leap from never being bred but it is what it is right 😂
If she is correct it’s a beautiful registered Halflinger stud that her mother owns. Now my curiosity is KILLING ME! My mare is an ice blue eyed tobiano. Any idea what is going to come out of this mare if it is in fact 1/2 Halflinger? What are the odds of passing the blue eyes down? I’m very excited about this so the irritation of being completely mislead is minimal. (Did I mention she is also more in the 16-20 age range?)

Thank you for any ideas you might have! I’m thinking of having a 20/20 raffle amount my friends 😂 jk

Attachments

• EAD028AB-63C3-48F4-9CBF-6C5CA41C9672.jpeg
    EAD028AB-63C3-48F4-9CBF-6C5CA41C9672.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 85ED2811-ADDC-4D8A-B2B9-AAFD8F6BCE8C.jpeg
    85ED2811-ADDC-4D8A-B2B9-AAFD8F6BCE8C.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 9
You’re probably best to google for one of the colour calculators online, when you put in both parents details it will tell you what possible colours you may get and the % chance for each one 🙂
Good luck with the foaling 🤞

Gosh! Please keep us in the loop as to what you get! Looking at them both, it should be a stunner.

I've no idea what you'll get, though I'm sure you'll love him or her whatever their colouring.

As you're a complete breeding novice and this is (maybe, since so much else that you've been told was wrong) a maiden mare that is old for a first foal would you're vet be able to recommend somewhere to send her to foal down so that experienced staff are at hand? While I can understand the excitement and wanting to be the first person to see the foal it's something I'd do if she was mine. But whatever you decide I wish you all the very best.

Goodness, good luck with the foal. Like @carthorse I would be cautious of a maiden mare having a foal at her age - I hope you can get experienced help for the foaling.

If you find an online colour calculator, do let us know what it predicts. I would say it's bound to be striking!

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com