Tobes had Scan on Friday ....

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
And hooray!!! No hole or tear to tendon. Such a relief!

Clearly he has done something as he has two lumps to either side of the tendon, he is lame, and there is a soft swelling at the bottom back of the fetlock.

However, no injection into tendon, just time to repair. Vet and I did discuss injecting him now, but we decided as he is such an infectious person - he has to have two bottles of injectible antibiotic for a cut that a normal horse would just shrug off - that it is best just left.

So am super happy!!

Very good news - any idea how long he is likely to be 'resting' ? Not so bad now with winter on the horizon, certainly better than in the spring when we are all longing to get out and about. Lots of healing vibes for himself.

Very good news - any idea how long he is likely to be 'resting' ? Not so bad now with winter on the horizon, certainly better than in the spring when we are all longing to get out and about. Lots of healing vibes for himself.

Thank you all lots.

Have no idea Mrs C. Who knows with the picky Tobes!!

I did say this to vet actually that I am not that fussed now winter is nearly upon us, that he is a bit damaged and I can't ride. We have had a lovely time out and about this summer, and I shan't try him til he has reduced the swelling.

What is very odd is that I have had him on Danilon and also Comfrey. He has been off Danilon since Friday morning, but still on the Comfrey. Comfrey it would appear as well as being good for tendons, ligaments etc., is also good for stomach. Someone suggested to me that his spookiness and random rap attacks are indicative of ulcers. Tobes is not a thin TB who weaves, so I had discounted it.

He has been infinitely less spooky walking up the track which generally has tigers waiting to leap out at him since he has been on the comfrey and is also less reactive about changes in routine - ie. horses going for a ride when he is in his stable etc.

Does make me wonder really - he doesn't handle change/stress very well at all.

Fantastic news! :D Bet you breathed a huge sigh of relief.
As for ulcers, one of the Fjords on our yard has them and she's not even a stress mare, so would imagine any horse can get them regardless of breed or temperament, glad that the comfrey seems to be doing a good job.

Thats great news, comfrey is a great healer but I don't think youre meant to use it long term though I think the research is a little lacking.

newrider.com