TMI - ears! Human one’s. Mine in fact…..

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
My ears have been bothering me. I did the standard get the olive oil drops from chemist and put in religiously. I asked the go about 8 years ago if they could be syringed. They said no absolutely not.

However I was waking up unable to hear anything with glued up ears. Painful and itchy despite 3 weeks of olive oil. so got an appt with my lovely friendly practise nurse. She took a look and said no wonder I was struggling and promptly syringes my ears. After a couple of seconds of pain it was was most lovely feeling 😂. Instant relief and she showed me the gunk that came out. I am not easily disgusted by gunk but eeekk that was horrible.

Why had I not done this sooner?? I can’t believe the difference it has made and so quickly. Ie do not try to not bother the nurse who is always so good at fixing me up.

Quite right to get proper medical help.
But for anyone older it is also worth getting an NHS hearing test. You may lose the upper registers first, like missing bird song.
My father was very deaf and my own hearing is not good. This post is to recommend modern NHS hearing aids. Mine are controlled from my smart phone.
They were recommended to me by a friend who has been long term deaf, I dont ride in them in case they fall out and get lost but for the theatre and lectures (pre lock down) they were great. My GP said hearing aids were to make life easier when you needed them, not an imposition that one must wear all the time.
I emphasise the NHS side (and a referral from your GP) as there are misleading ads for private.

My ears have been bothering me. I did the standard get the olive oil drops from chemist and put in religiously. I asked the go about 8 years ago if they could be syringed. They said no absolutely not.

However I was waking up unable to hear anything with glued up ears. Painful and itchy despite 3 weeks of olive oil. so got an appt with my lovely friendly practise nurse. She took a look and said no wonder I was struggling and promptly syringes my ears. After a couple of seconds of pain it was was most lovely feeling 😂. Instant relief and she showed me the gunk that came out. I am not easily disgusted by gunk but eeekk that was horrible.

Why had I not done this sooner?? I can’t believe the difference it has made and so quickly. Ie do not try to not bother the nurse who is always so good at fixing me up.
It's amazing what gets in there
Glad you feel better.

newrider.com