Tips For Chase Me Charlie

Stay well back and let your horse see the fence

Watch out for horses getting excited and kicking out/plunging/lurching (including yours)

Pull out if the height of the fence is too scary - there is always another day and you don't want to have a problem

And have fun I have jumped 4 foot 8 a couple of times and it feels magic

Ken

I've done this game a few times, it's sooo fun!! You need to remember to keep your eyes up and not on the fence as it gets higher. Keep leg on for lots of impulsion, but you want it controlled, not speedy. You want the horse BALANCED into the jump, and have them obeying you and what you ask them. You DON'T want a run out, or a balk!!! That means your out. Just remember to have fun!

You HAVE to keep a steady pace with lots of impulsion. With spreads u go, but u shld ideally stay steady and collected, so your horse sits back on his legs to push himself up, but with lots of impulsion. Focus on something on the other side of the fence so u keep your head up. If you look down youll unbalance ** horse and he could knowck a pole.

Kimby - chase me charlie is a game with jumping. It starts of about 18 inches prbally and everynoe in the competion jumps it. Then they raise it by a few inches and everyone jumps again. You are out if you knock the jumps down or chicken out at a higher jump. The person not to knock the jumps down and not chicken out wins.

My tip - 'ang on !

I would ahve to agree with Freedom star! Youll have a great time its really fun:). Try and really concentrate on whats ahead of you and keep your horse in control. An remember to have fun!!!!!!!!
Good Luck let us know how it goes!

Don't think about the speed, think about getting the canter powerful and springy, its easier for your horse to jump higher.

Showjumping canter. Round and bouncy :D. "Bouncy Bouncy bouncy bouncy" hehe Thats my dressage instrustor calling to me across the ring "Think your coming up to 1.40 showjump bouncy bouncy" hehe

Good luck I want to hear how it goes!!!!!

every one at my pony club is show jumping mad and at the summer camp we nearly always play this game - not so good for me tho as i have a hesitant pony! (mainly my fault i spose- i concentrate on other things more!) but i got up to 3'6'' once and i was well proud! lol ses she surrounded by people who sound like this is a warm up sort of height! well, good luck and have fun!

newrider.com