Thyme is lame

Thyme & Me

Nov 23, 2011
:(
She seemed sound walking down the lane from the field. But when I got on she would not put weight on her off front.

Jumped straight off - can barely see the lameness when walking straight. Clearly lame on bends and in trot. No heat, swelling in leg or hoof, no sign of injury, no pulses can be felt. Did not react to me poking around with a hoof pick. Reacted strongly to cold water on the foot. Bruised sole?

Have turned her out for some field rest. She is not evidently lame while ambling round the field. Puts weight on it happily while grazing - ie shifts weight happily from one front foot to the other as she wanders around grazing.

Fingers crossed its nothing much...

Poor thing :( Does sound like the foot to me from what you've said, so should either pass or make itself more clearly known in a few days :)

Just been up to see her again. No sign of lameness just walking in the field. Didn't trot her up or take her onto hard ground - just checking she's not worse. Doesn't look like anything too much at the moment, so hopefully she'll be back to normal in a few days. Wish they could TALK!!

Thanks for comments peeps :)

newrider.com