Thursday things

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
How is everyone's week faring? Thursday already!!! Well today has an air of contentment about it on the yard. Mr Trews made a proper bar to slot across the ginger giant's apartment which means now my life is easier and I can pop him in there whilst I take madam a thistle walk or turn Chloe out. Amazing what a difference a seemingly small item can make! Just been out there after taking Storm a thistle walk earlier, she is now laid flat out snoozing, Chloe has had paddock and roll time and now is a sleeping piebald cob and Zi is just munching and snorting to himself in his apartment (he's free to wander whenever now). There is hardly any wind and it it's all so peaceful. And I'm just cooking a late lunch of battered cod for T and me. Still have work to do but it can wait.......:oops::D
Hope everyone is having a good day too:)

Hmm... well i had an appointment today in relation to my eating,or lack off. Then back to the yard for the vets visit and to deal with a very sleepy sox. Currently chilling before taking the dog for a walk then back up to the yard

Still trying to get my SJ clinic confirmed for Saturday. Some people are just a nightmare to communicate with!

I’ll be honest, I’m very sad today, I’ve been reading a news article about Brexit, the comments section has appalled me.
I’m sad because people there are saying hateful, racist things that make me ashamed to be British!
Can people not just accept another human being for who they are, show some compassion and not be so utterly vile to each other. :(

@Kite_Rider - yeah I tend to avoid comments sections of newspaper articles - they seem to bring out the worst in people!
And Trewsers. Your day sounds lovely... I'm tied to a desk for a few more hours yet, but had a nice lesson earlier so I'm :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Hmm... well i had an appointment today in relation to my eating,or lack off. Then back to the yard for the vets visit and to deal with a very sleepy sox. Currently chilling before taking the dog for a walk then back up to the yard

Hope Sox is okay and you are too.

Well my contented feeling was short lived:(I rode Zi and it was awful. I felt such a failure because I ended up getting off. Something had upset him and the moment my right foot was in the stirrup he was off. He just would not settle, head tossing and funky chicken walk so I called it a day. Wish I had got back on really because I'll end up blowing it all out of proportion over the next 24 hours and dread getting back on. He has no issues really - he was fine when Mr T hopped on. Settled nicely. Argh.

Well I got up and had a nice hack on Billy accompanied by the dog. Stopped off half way round and checked on the cows and calves. They are getting inquisitive so tried to check out the dog and got more than they bargained for as she was working them. Then plodded through work as I had a text cancelling a job, so an easier day. Got in flew round doing the sheep before dark. Just got back from running club. Legs are aching right now as we have just clocked 4.7 miles. So really pleased with that distance.

Well my contented feeling was short lived:(I rode Zi and it was awful. I felt such a failure because I ended up getting off. Something had upset him and the moment my right foot was in the stirrup he was off. He just would not settle, head tossing and funky chicken walk so I called it a day. Wish I had got back on really because I'll end up blowing it all out of proportion over the next 24 hours and dread getting back on. He has no issues really - he was fine when Mr T hopped on. Settled nicely. Argh.
Don't feel like a failure, we've all been there I'm sure. Tomorrow is a new day, when you next ride just try and focus on all the times you've ridden and he's been fab. We are always here to listen too

Just loving uni so so much. I'm learning loads, yesterday I got to give pig hoof trimming a go and looking at the chemical bonding of cells. And today we were discussing different pathogens, doing statistics and drawing graphs. And then I drove to the yard this evening to give myself a little break from cycling. Still got 3 days off work so going to catch up on all my uni work as it's half term next week then I can have a couple of fun days next week, hopefully going hacking one of them. And hoping to take the car a little further tomorrow too. It's the little things for me right now but I'm feeling a bit better than I have in a long time :D

Don't feel like a failure, we've all been there I'm sure. Tomorrow is a new day, when you next ride just try and focus on all the times you've ridden and he's been fab. We are always here to listen too

This ^^^ There's no shame in getting off if you don't feel safe. He'll probably be good as gold for you next time :)

This with knobs on ^^^ keep focusing on how good he really is x

I'm a late comer to this, yesterday was a really manic day at work and after, I was up at 4am, left the house at 5.45am and didn't get home until almost 8pm and still then had to schedule Jess' saddle fitting, cook tea, sort out a hay delivery and some help to get it unloaded, a fell into bed at 9pm but couldn't sleep, then overslept my alarm this morning o_O boy am I glad its the weekend, that's the 3rd day like that this week.

Sorry to hear your ride didn't go so well @Trewsers, Hearing what a good boy Zi is I am sure it was just a glitch rather than some sudden personality transplant and he will be back to super star status today :)

I missed this too

Yesterday was first frost not a bad one.

It was cold but being bundled up stall work etc did not seem bad at all and the stalls were quite good having put all the hay Inside the nite before with a tiny bit of rain passing I expected a mess...
I was pleasantly surprised.

It was a bit windy but beautiful sun it barely got to 40f but dressed right felt very nice.

I sat in the sun a long time with the 2 little miracle goats.
They seemed to enjoy the weather and chewing on the strings in my coat...

Their little blankets arrived yesterday.

I went and bought some more chain to
Block in another temporary grassy area between the horses paddock fences and the goats fences and clubhouse.

Sonny enjoyed hanging there.

Today I have a lesson at 9
Its colder than yesterday morning but should recover a bit quicker temp wise this sm a bit quicker be bright sun again and much less windy.

As of looking out at 5am things seem very cold but dry.
I just hope sloppy dew does not form.

Trewsers...
Don't beat yourself up we have all been there.

Thanks for the support and encouragement guys, you are all right, I definitely need to keep in my head all the times he's been fab. That's what Mr T keeps telling me too. I probably won't try and ride today as it's very windy and wet but hopefully over the weekend will clamber on.

I'm a late comer to this, yesterday was a really manic day at work and after, I was up at 4am, left the house at 5.45am and didn't get home until almost 8pm and still then had to schedule Jess' saddle fitting, cook tea, sort out a hay delivery and some help to get it unloaded, a fell into bed at 9pm but couldn't sleep, then overslept my alarm this morning o_O boy am I glad its the weekend, that's the 3rd day like that this week.

Sorry to hear your ride didn't go so well @Trewsers, Hearing what a good boy Zi is I am sure it was just a glitch rather than some sudden personality transplant and he will be back to super star status today :)

Goodness I don't know how you manage to fit it all in!!!!! You deserve a chilled weekend - doing not a lot!!!

I missed this too

Yesterday was first frost not a bad one.

It was cold but being bundled up stall work etc did not seem bad at all and the stalls were quite good having put all the hay Inside the nite before with a tiny bit of rain passing I expected a mess...
I was pleasantly surprised.

It was a bit windy but beautiful sun it barely got to 40f but dressed right felt very nice.

I sat in the sun a long time with the 2 little miracle goats.
They seemed to enjoy the weather and chewing on the strings in my coat...

Their little blankets arrived yesterday.

I went and bought some more chain to
Block in another temporary grassy area between the horses paddock fences and the goats fences and clubhouse.

Sonny enjoyed hanging there.

Today I have a lesson at 9
Its colder than yesterday morning but should recover a bit quicker temp wise this sm a bit quicker be bright sun again and much less windy.

As of looking out at 5am things seem very cold but dry.
I just hope sloppy dew does not form.

Trewsers...
Don't beat yourself up we have all been there.

Thanks.
So cute I'll bet - them chewing your coat strings!!!lol

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com