Thursday food thread

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What is everyone having for dinner? Despite having chicken for lunch I'm having full bird for dinner too - may well start sprouting feathers at some point....mind you lunch was Maccy D's chicken Selects and they are totally different to full home cooked bird. We're having it with pitta breads and Mr T will make a gravy to go with (we have the gravy in a little pot on the side, not poured into the pittas!).
So, whats cookin?

I've got chicken too, but not sure how to cook it yet. Probably just in the oven with some spices or I may make fajitas yum!
Had a healthy day planned today but it was someone's birthday at work and she brought in a huge chocolatey chocolate cake! I had the smallest piece possible but I still think there was about 3 million calories in it!

Last edited:
Oh we're having a weird hot-potch tonight. I've cheated and bought some M&S ready made mash (plain for Dom, Colcannon for me) and I have M&S lamb, rosemary and garlic chipolatas and Dom is having pork & herb sausages. On the side I am going to roast some aubergine, courgette, onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil.

Im just having a sandwich, I have been out for lunch today. I will be busy baking later, I have to give my show entry in tomorrow for the village show. Im entering the novelty cake.. I went for a humorous and slightly crude theme ;)

Im just having a sandwich, I have been out for lunch today. I will be busy baking later, I have to give my show entry in tomorrow for the village show. Im entering the novelty cake.. I went for a humorous and slightly crude theme ;)

We need pics of your creation when it is done!

I've got chicken too, but not sure how to cook it yet. Probably just in the oven with some spices or I may make fajitas yum!
Had a healthy day planned today but it was someone's birthday at work and she brought in a huge chocolatey chocolate cake! I had the smallest piece possible but I still think there was about 3 million in it!

Oh I know what you mean about the chocolate cake - may as well have a proper piece.....bad me......

Oh we're having a weird hot-potch tonight. I've cheated and bought some M&S ready made mash (plain for Dom, Colcannon for me) and I have M&S lamb, rosemary and garlic chipolatas and Dom is having pork & herb sausages. On the side I am going to roast some aubergine, courgette, onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil.

Sounds interesting. I love M&S food but there isn't one near us.

Im a crap baker! So I figured if I entered the novelty cake class, at least nobody will be tasting it! unless somebody really wanted to taste a cat turd !

Reactions: Trewsers
We had a BBQ tonight as it's my birthday tomorrow but we'll be out at a show all day. We had sausages, pork chops and belly pork from a friend's farm, grilled sweet potatoes and a pasta salad. Dessert was scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam (boss's parents have just got back from a visit to Cornwall!) and strawberries fresh from the garden. Yum!

Oh today ive been so naughty. I has a WW wrap for brekkie. A wispa duo while waiting for the car to mot. Friend rang and asked if I could take her to a&e so flew over there. Got a mc ds on the way home. Ww meal for tea washed down with a cadbury caramel

We had a BBQ tonight as it's my birthday tomorrow but we'll be out at a show all day. We had sausages, pork chops and belly pork from a friend's farm, grilled sweet potatoes and a pasta salad. Dessert was scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam (boss's parents have just got back from a visit to Cornwall!) and strawberries fresh from the garden. Yum!

Happy birthday! Sounds delicious, especially the dessert.

All I ate yesterday was an apple danish and then two large cheese and ham sandwiches with a side salad

newrider.com