Thunder bolt and lightning.......

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Very very frightening..........hehehehee, anybody else get it last night? We fortunately landed home early. Really really weird. The girls were stood by the gate - most odd, because it was warm, the grass was looking plentiful etc and they had fly rugs on. Anyhoo, Storm repeatedly whinned to come in and Chloe dutifully followed. Got them both in - approximately 10 minutes later the first rumble came followed by the downpour of biblical proportions! So, how clever is my girly?! They were both most pleased to be inside. I gave them their tea - and left them to dry off a while. The weather worsened and I must admit, I screamed a bit like a girl at one point and clung rather hard to Mr T. (Whom I think was secretly enjoying being protective - it isn't often I admit fear of any kind !!!). Anyways, this went on for ages, we nearly considered building an ark............the kitchen flooded as it always does through the back door etc but then it seemed to pass.
Was just going to put the girls back out and it CAME BACK!!!! Ruddy rotten thing. The storm went on and on - and it wasn't until 9.30pm that it actually stopped or beggared off. So, who else got any last night? It was dreadful! I think lightening is sinister to say the least. I was dreading it coming back during the night................

We've been lucky - no power loss yet! Our Chloe was a bit scared - I have only had her since last Nov and wasn't sure how she'd react. She was a bit wild eyed tbh. I thought that being older (she's 23) she'd be okay - afterall she'll have seen many a storm no doubt but I guess they don't always get used to them. She is very placid in every other way - so I thought she'd be fine. Anyways, we stood and talked to her a while - she settled down and there's nowt a net of hayledge can't sort lol!

no thunder & lightening for us trews just non stop rain :poop:

I love a good thunderstorm - i love to stand watching them :skip:. I also love the fresh smell once the rain has finished.

no thunder & lightening for us trews just non stop rain :poop:

I love a good thunderstorm - i love to stand watching them :skip:. I also love the fresh smell once the rain has finished.

Argh! Nooooo! I am so scared of them as I've got older. As a kid I loved them though - used to love getting up in the middle of the night to watch - mum used to let us downstairs to watch from the kitchen door!! I think they spook me more now if we are in the caravan - you feel sort of exposed somehow!

No thunder here just loads of rain, what a suprise...not:frown:

I like thunder and lightning too but only if the horses and me are in. Something really exciting about it to me, I love watching it and listening:smile:

We had very loud thunder followed by lightening about 4am, very heavy rain on and off all day. I have come down with a cold coz of this stupid weather. Horses on our yard all in tonight.

This weather is bonkers! I've put the girls out in their fly suits today - even tho I think its gonna rain................one minute it is sunny next it is black..............

newrider.com