Thoughts!!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
The boy is in need of a new hi viz sheet. The yard we are currently at we have to cross a busy road (50mph) so i am looking for a rug that will make drivers see us. I doubt they would slow down but given they can see us they have the choice.
I cant decide between this on
mercury_rug_yellow_24c5155c-2046-423d-8663-c0c0da6805e6_1000x.jpg

Or this one
polite_horse_rug_366c2c10-f59f-4418-a2f9-f11a354d88b2_1000x.jpg

I would go for the second one. I think the first one would be good in darker conditions where car lights would reflect and produce light, but as I would have thought you would only cross a 50mph road in clear daylight, I would go for the brightest colour.

Are you riding in low light conditions or daylight? If low light then the first, if daylight the second - reflective material is great when the light is poor but not so visible when it's good and to be honest I wouldn't want to be on a 50mph road in poor light.

Ive got the polite one. Although is that the winter lined one. Mine is light weight and yellow on the inside. I think ive got the summer lightweight version.
The blue and white plastic bits are breaking up on mine but then ive had it for probably 8 years and used lots. Been washed a few imes too.
Having tail flap is a bonus. Some dont have any so if you are a motorist travelling behind the horse the sheet is next to useless i found. Ive also hung yellow streamers from mine and i have a little light on the tail piece so if i get caught out with light i can switch it on. I did have two but a mouse chewed it off.

I have detached the front from mine and dont ride with it. We have too many gates to go through here. But it is perfect for the front of my driving harness instead.

I agree as others have said consider what the conditions are your riding in most.

newrider.com