Those with an Ifor 510

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
Do you ever have it bump into the back of you when you brake?

I have an old refurbished one, it's been great but it's always done this. Worse when I have two big horses in it. A few years ago I had the piston replaced in the hitch, improved it but didn't seem to stop it when I carry two bigger horses. Now i have a new car I'm worried about that causing problems with my cars brakes.

My hubby had agreed for me to trade mine in for a newer 510 at some point over the next year :)

No, in fact lovely chap at last yard worked for VOSA, so much to OH's disbelief, I had him check trailer over. He said it towed lovely and had fab brakes.

It is a newer one - with alli floor, and seems fine.

Do you mean it sort of jerks when you brake? Ours has just started doing this coz some dozy person left the handbrake on when they borrowed it and started to burn the brakes out! So it needs taking apart and the brakes redoing arghhh!!

It feels proper like it's bumping into the back of me when I brake....wouldn't describe it as a jerk...def a bump....

I've just been looking online and I def wanna upgrade asap now lol! Gonna ring my trailer guy tomorrow to see what he has in stock and get some prices to 'discuss' with the hubby ;)

Be careful with some of the newer ones, they are not as good quality as the older ones, where they are more plasticy they are not quite so robust!

thats an interesting point Sunshine, though when i say 'newer' unfortunately it won't be that new :( My current one is a 20 year old frame, which was completely refurbished about 7-8 years ago. I have had it 3.5 years now, I would still be looking at an older 'metal/wood' looking one if you know what i mean!

newrider.com