Those who dont like white and pink fluffy small things look away!!!!! - Another Intro

vels mum

Jul 1, 2008
Shetland
Ive already introduced to you my Freisian and Fell who some of you remember from when I used to be a member, so now Id like to introduce to you my newest addition to the herd.

In September this year I was working at the local Shetland Pony Sales, I left my wallet at home *on purpose* but still ended up bringing one home, yes he was given to me for free, how could I say no!!! :wub:

Meet Foula Pal

P1010333.jpg

P1010323.jpg

P1010344.jpg

Number 21
P1010355.jpg

Hugo adopted him as his own and the 2 are very good mates
P1010388.jpg

As all my equines were black up to this point Vel was unsure of what the fluffy white thing was!!!
P1010374.jpg

He is such a littel dude and is going to be a pretty sensible Shetland I think. Heres hoping anyway! ;)

Last edited:
Oh my word - how cute is he?! Don't blame you for agreeing to bring him home... I take it no-one wanted him? Only thing is, he's feeling a bit left out and needs a friend of the same colour:giggle:

I think you have the most stunning herd ever!! I love your latest floofy addition! :biggrin::biggrin:

Oh my word - how cute is he?! Don't blame you for agreeing to bring him home... I take it no-one wanted him? Only thing is, he's feeling a bit left out and needs a friend of the same colour:giggle:

The sad thing is nobody wanted over half of what was selling at the sales this year, 2/3 of what was there went through the ring without even a bid :(

The breeder of Foula sells nice ponies and we got chatting and the next thing I knew I had the pick of the bunch! The hardest bit was leaving the rest of them behind!:frown:

He blends in with the goats, I keep looking at him and thinking...how did the billy get in with the horses :D :D

Last edited:
At least he took them back with him - is this the sale that Wally talked about - I think she ended up taking some of hers back too

Better to take them back and try and find them decent homes, unless someone like you is prepared to take one and give him a good home:biggrin:

At least he took them back with him - is this the sale that Wally talked about - I think she ended up taking some of hers back too

Better to take them back and try and find them decent homes, unless someone like you is prepared to take one and give him a good home:biggrin:

Dont think Wally or Frances sell at the Shetland Pony Sales any more, most breeders just use the internet to sell their stock these days.

My daughters first ever pony was bought for us at the Shetland sales many years ago and came from Unst...you can't get much further north!!

She was the most amazing pony and lived with us until a couple of years ago when old age overtook her. I also had the pleasure of looking after one of Wally's youngsters on a stopover in transit last year.

I would always buy an island bred pony!!

My daughters first ever pony was bought for us at the Shetland sales many years ago and came from Unst...you can't get much further north!!

She was the most amazing pony and lived with us until a couple of years ago when old age overtook her. I also had the pleasure of looking after one of Wally's youngsters on a stopover in transit last year.

I would always buy an island bred pony!!

I was told my little Foula's sire was bred in Unst so they could be related!!!! :happy:

newrider.com