Those of you with shelters, or willing to give advice - Dissapointing update

Can you set up the grazing so he always has access to the right handed hedge?
Before mine went onto the track I incorporated where the shelter was, so all year round she can stand by it.
I could yes, but it gives him no shelter from the sun and is only beneficial when the wind is blowing the right way, which it usually is to be fair.

My only concern with having posts in the ground on there own is that Ale might use them to rub his bum on. So theyd need to be substantial enough that he doesnt snap them. By having a wall of sorts you might get less rubbing.

Reactions: MrA
I could yes, but it gives him no shelter from the sun and is only beneficial when the wind is blowing the right way, which it usually is to be fair.
Sun at this time of year wouldn't concern me. It rises late, goes down early.
You could place something that creates a shadow if really needed.

Thats the sort of thing i was thinking of and suggesting Ale. But id ply two walls at 90 degrees. My boys would use the uprights for bum rubbing. Those look quite thick to me.

Part way through building, tarp was very temporary, I put a 2nd wall at 90 as @chunky monkey suggests and a solid roof. The uprights were jump poles (They held up to chewing and rubbing as they were in about 4ft) ?
A8524CD9-4EE1-43CE-AB25-5FAE732B3F74.jpeg

newrider.com