Thorowgood Maxam Cob GP saddle

Amanogawa

Logan and Spot's mum
Has anyone tried this saddles? I am looking for something suitable for Spot, big carthorse type, no withers whatsoever and prone to changing weigt (which is why I like the look of the FISH system).

Been a long time since I bought a saddle and thorowgood used to have a good reputation as you could throw pretty much anything at them and they'd come out allright.

I had one of these for Kai, was an older one with the red writing but fit him like a glove.. typical flat Ironing board not much wither type! Was comfy to, and never had any issues with it. Thumbs up from me :)

i had a friends one for Shian when i was waiting for my new saddle, I had the t4 before, but Shian lost a lot of weight and it no longer fitted her, so if you're planning for your horse to lose weight, i would go with a t4 that has the gullets, as the fish only adjusts it a little, e.g. mines was an xxw without the fish, with the thin fish in it was sort of in between an xxw-xw, with the thick fish, it was just about an xw:) So thats all you could adjust it:) It was as comfy as my t4(well if you can call a treed saddle comfy:p i have a treeless and its super comfy!!:D:p lol) It defo wasn't as easy to clean/wipe down as the t4, as the materials were different, but yeah it was fine, the riding school up the road have a lot of maxams, and they're all still fine, think some have had to have replacement girth straps, but thats all:)

Emma x

newrider.com