this World Cup lark

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Am I the only person in England who really couldn't give a rat's arse about the sodding football? :rolleyes:

I'm sure you're not!

Personally, I'm not a huge football fan but OH is and actually I've been quite enjoying the drama of the World Cup & will be watching the match later.

It's nice to see England doing well & making the Quarter Finals :) Gareth Southgate is from my home town & went to school with my Brother, so it's nice to support him too, as he's a geniunely nice guy!

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
I loathe and detest football but I do love how the country has united in support of our team. I fully expect us to lose and crash out later but I am enjoying the nation's sense of optimism. Dom says it's not important that he watches the match but I think we should. (Well, my "watching" will be being in the same room as the telly and playing a game or something on my phone)

Reactions: lauren123
Nope, don’t really see what all the fuss is about personally. I’ve never been remotely interested in football.

I have resisted taking the slightest interest so far - although I do quite like how it is putting everyone in a good mood (for now anyway!)

Yes we did. A really positive performance by England. I’m not a huge football fan OH is a Liverpool support I see it a bit like.... he supports me and the boys every day I can at least watch one match for 90 Mins once a week plus he provides wine. Sorted lol

However I am English and proud and will back our boys and girls in every sport

Reactions: PePo and lauren123
Yes we did. A really positive performance by England. I’m not a huge football fan OH is a Liverpool support I see it a bit like.... he supports me and the boys every day I can at least watch one match for 90 Mins once a week plus he provides wine. Sorted lol

However I am English and proud and will back our boys and girls in every sport

This is exactly how I see it.

If my OH is prepared to come to Badminton & Hickstead plus puts up with general day-to-day horseyness (I mean, the guy is buying a new house as Pete won't safely travel & we live 20 miles apart currently ... :D ) I can take an interest in his passion. I've even learnt the offside rule ....!

Great performance by the team. Excited for Wednesday :)

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
Well I've been out for a hack in the middle of the countryside right up thettop off the hill and we could hear the roar from the nearby town. What a rowdy bunch. Can't they keep there football hobby to themselves. I keep my horse riding to myself.

If we do well I might be more interested. It's been 26 years since we have been in the finals.
Hacking can be nice if the football is on.
It's certainly good for business, everyone is in the pubs.

Well I just learnt the result reading this :p I figured we'd lost as all the guys around the pubs in town were quite subdued when I came back from the horses at 7, I expected serious revelry (after the state of the market square after the last match) if we'd won.

I am not such a horrible scrooge that I don't want England to do well... I simply don't care either way... I just want it to be over. I hate football and football culture and when the World Cup's on there's just no getting away from it!

Well I've been out for a hack in the middle of the countryside right up thettop off the hill and we could hear the roar from the nearby town. What a rowdy bunch. Can't they keep there football hobby to themselves. I keep my horse riding to myself.
Please say you are joking it’s not a hobby supporting your county

It might not mean much to you but to thousands it is a show of pride.

Sorry if my screams of delight ruined your hack

newrider.com