This will put you in a foul mood for the rest of the day

What a charming display of horsemanship! Makes you so proud, doesn't it?

*sigh*

I have to disagree with above, i have never seen riding that bad at a show and the rider hasn't been dumped.
The horse has obviously shut itself down because it simply doesn't know what the rider wants. Sorry, wrong word there-bully.
And people think Parelli is bad horsemanship. Puts things into respective that anyone can be cruel with the tools they use doesn't it.
If she wasn't so angry she wouldn't be blocking forward movement.

i can't quite see the point of a gag bit, draw reins, and/or martingales for a horse that isn't going forward, unless she has stressed it to the extent it goes over backwards - this is said as a joke, i.e. i quite understand that the tack and way the poor bugger is being ridden is the problem.

at least i suppose she didn't have spurs on as well to confuse it even more.

Last edited:
Poor horse, I am not sure what she was trying to achieve at all, and nor did the horse seem to be.

What a shame he didn't dump her, but just goes to show, obviously not the 'pyscho' horse it is being made out to be.

i can't quite see the point of a gag bit, draw reins, and/or martingales for a horse that isn't going forward.

The tack is why it isn't going forwards, the hands do not let up even when it does go in an outline. It is not listening.

Watching this i am no longer concerned that my leg sneaks back! I am far from perfect and i have my faults, but i am not in this angry horse hating place. I am thankful for that.

What a stupid b*tch. I would like to put something in her mouth then pull like leather and smack her head at the same time, oh, and give her a good kick in the tits whilst I'm about it. I hope she gets what she deserves (she probably won't).

Fascinating what goes on behind closed doors isn't it? This is a girl who markets herself as a professional? I trialled for a couple of very well-known and respected dealers - one of whom is extremely popular on here and who I know several members (at least pre-sub days) have bought from. Would the outrage be the same if they'd seen their own horses treated this way before being sold to them? Because this girl's behaviour is tame compared to them - but at least you've got some really good, quiet all-round horses.

Fascinating what goes on behind closed doors isn't it? This is a girl who markets herself as a professional? I trialled for a couple of very well-known and respected dealers - one of whom is extremely popular on here and who I know several members (at least pre-sub days) have bought from. Would the outrage be the same if they'd seen their own horses treated this way before being sold to them? Because this girl's behaviour is tame compared to them - but at least you've got some really good, quiet all-round horses.

I am sure nobody in their right mind particularly enjoys seeing horses treated like this.

Especially as having a vice like hold on its mouth, with draw reins, booting it in the ribs and holding it back seems to have absolutely no logic to it at all.

But, I'm not a professional!

Maybe there should be some sort of legislation then. Though no one knows what anyone does behind closed doors.
I would say we are only human and do make mistakes-perhaps not on this scale though. No horse is a p.

Even if there were legislation, it could never possibly cover the people that advocate that kind of behaviour behind closed doors. It will go on - it just does. Horrid behaviour, I cannot for the life of me understand what was hoped to be achieved by it? Had she any idea how rough she was being with its mouth? I know very little about horses and their training compared to many people on this board and no doubt in the horse world in general, but I know something cruel and unnecessary when I see it.

The horse wasn't even doing anything wrong, he reacted that way because she was sawing and yanking at his delicate mouth, which is probably tough as old boots now due to the damage caused.. Pees me off no end..

After watching that I'm raging!! think I'll keep my crap sympathetic riding style.

The comments about the shows are interesting...was at Hopetoun horse trials on Sat morning and the difference in riders was v clear, same jump same rider mistake both got over but one lady whacked her horse and shouted get on at it and the other gave hers a pat on the neck and shouted sorry darling well done!

newrider.com