This put a smile on my face this morning!

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
Acorn has been unwell on and off now through injury for 15 weeks, this morning he was back to his usual self just needs his feet trimming on Saturday, but seems to have aquired a softer side...........

went down to the yard and one of his elderly yard mates (17hh - 28 yrs young) has been on box rest for 5 weeks with suspected broken bone in foot, this morning when I looked over at him he has a poultice on the foot so hopefully its a deep seated abcess which with the limited turnout he has been allowed for the past few dates has helped mature - not sure but that would be a better prognosis for him - anyway I talked to the old man and Acorn was neighing in his stable and was wickered back at, whilst feeding Acorn I was telling him how Henry was feeling better and had a poorly foot like he had - now either he knew that already or he can really understand me but when I went to turn him out, he selected a very large weed that he had been watching growing near the wall, dropped it and then picked it up by a leaf, I thought he was going to eat it - no he went over to Henry's stable stretched his head up as far a he could with said weed drooping allowing Henry to lean down and take it off him and eat it, they nuzzled and wickered then he walked over to the grass to eat himself...... bless him - it did make me smile.....and think why hes worth every grey hair he has given me.........:smile: The thug has grown a heart.

Oh bless, that's so sweet! Nice to think they are communicating and helping each other. I love horses!
On a similar vein of animals helping each other, my parents have two corgi dogs. One can open doors with his nose (as long as they aren't properly closed) but the other can't. When the one who can't gets himself shut in another room, he will bark until the other comes along and pushes the door open to let him out. Brotherly love lol!

That's really sweet!!

If that had been one of mine, they'd have taken it over to him and scoffed it themselves right in front of his face!

newrider.com