This is the face of an “I’m proud of myself” horse

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
He is very pleased with himself for his 100% record in keeping us both safe from monsters. We were just heading out of the yard when he spotted the monsters lair. In this case it was under (or in??) a big bucket used to feed the cattle. It DEFINITELY wasn’t there last time, therefore the monsters could move and so he had to up the alert level. I needn’t have worried as he deployed his best monster scaring away snorts and he kept his eye on it the entire time while I was cruel enough to make him look at the monsters lair. Then he went for the scuttle away without taking his eye off it but still only walking, just very fast walking.

It did the trick though as when we came back into yard past it the monsters had been scared away. Snort deployment was not needed as they had got the message first time.

This is how proud of himself he was
C8130BC6-7618-4BD5-B749-BB2506F00E8A.jpeg

For a big chunk he is remarkably nimble. He would never ever refuse to go past anything but he is well practiced in “I’m not scared of you” snorts as he tip toes past. And the spook and spin 180 is impressive. No badness at all. Will jump anything you like if you ask him to but will spook at the barrel over the other side of the fence you have to canter past. However the big concrete water trough where the monsters usually live was clear today and didn’t even need a look!

223CA156-BDBB-4BCA-9D7D-45A6A1D2BBA2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
For a big chunk he is remarkably nimble. He would never ever refuse to go past anything but he is well practiced in “I’m not scared of you” snorts as he tip toes past. And the spook and spin 180 is impressive. No badness at all. Will jump anything you like if you ask him to but will spook at the barrel over the other side of the fence you have to canter past. However the big concrete water trough where the monsters usually live was clear today and didn’t even need a look!

View attachment 106417
he and Buddy are soul mates, he goes past everything when it matters i.e. really scary stuff, and faints when he sees a squirrel and shies from his tail being blown forward by the wind. his horizontal levitations are spectacular. He has an aversion to green painted gates.

• Haha
Reactions: Doodle92 and Huggy
newrider.com