This is the face of an “I’m proud of myself” horse

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
He is very pleased with himself for his 100% record in keeping us both safe from monsters. We were just heading out of the yard when he spotted the monsters lair. In this case it was under (or in??) a big bucket used to feed the cattle. It DEFINITELY wasn’t there last time, therefore the monsters could move and so he had to up the alert level. I needn’t have worried as he deployed his best monster scaring away snorts and he kept his eye on it the entire time while I was cruel enough to make him look at the monsters lair. Then he went for the scuttle away without taking his eye off it but still only walking, just very fast walking.

It did the trick though as when we came back into yard past it the monsters had been scared away. Snort deployment was not needed as they had got the message first time.

This is how proud of himself he was
C8130BC6-7618-4BD5-B749-BB2506F00E8A.jpeg

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
For a big chunk he is remarkably nimble. He would never ever refuse to go past anything but he is well practiced in “I’m not scared of you” snorts as he tip toes past. And the spook and spin 180 is impressive. No badness at all. Will jump anything you like if you ask him to but will spook at the barrel over the other side of the fence you have to canter past. However the big concrete water trough where the monsters usually live was clear today and didn’t even need a look!

223CA156-BDBB-4BCA-9D7D-45A6A1D2BBA2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
For a big chunk he is remarkably nimble. He would never ever refuse to go past anything but he is well practiced in “I’m not scared of you” snorts as he tip toes past. And the spook and spin 180 is impressive. No badness at all. Will jump anything you like if you ask him to but will spook at the barrel over the other side of the fence you have to canter past. However the big concrete water trough where the monsters usually live was clear today and didn’t even need a look!

View attachment 106417
he and Buddy are soul mates, he goes past everything when it matters i.e. really scary stuff, and faints when he sees a squirrel and shies from his tail being blown forward by the wind. his horizontal levitations are spectacular. He has an aversion to green painted gates.

• Haha
Reactions: Doodle92 and Huggy
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Doodle92 The face of chaos Cafe 11
T Does anyone know how to remove hair on the side of the face of a young Gypsy Vanner? Older Riders 18
Huggy Say that to my face.... Cafe 11
Jane&Ziggy Grumpy face Training of the Horse and Rider 14
Jessey Why the long face? Cafe 10
R becoming face to face with the Lipizzaners Cafe 4
MrC Post your best poser/smiley face horse pics Cafe 9
G Rubbing side of face?? Horse Care 6
P Neck & lower face protection? Cafe 14
Jessey Smiley face Cafe 1
Chrisnscully Hose in the face Cafe 3
Dizzy Woo Her face says it all! Cafe 10
Vicki100 Weird little Lump on cobs face...any ideas? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 9
bitsnpieces Haha, in your face, tooth!!! Cafe 7
bitsnpieces Cheeky face! Cafe 3
annareeves0 Stopping on a circle/teaching turn and face Training of the Horse and Rider 15
Shetlander Prince has had his face broken :o(( Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 32
Trewsers Face primer Cafe 31
P Ideas of not being kicked in the face when picking feet up. Training of the Horse and Rider 17
N This Will Bring A Smile To Your Face Cafe 5
KarinUS asymmetrical face Tack & Saddlery 0
Jane&Ziggy Grooming a moulting face Horse Care 11
Dark Storm Liquorice home and stuffing her face! Cafe 10
Lemme This put a smile on my face this morning! Cafe 13
beakysian Time to face the truth Cafe 8
N Why Do Horses Have White Markings on The Face If They Can't See It? Cafe 14
Jane&Ziggy Sore face, any ideas? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 9
Roxy's Mum Can you ID a horse's gender by face alone? Cafe 17
Flipo's Mum The Genie - Brought a Smile to My Face (for a change!) Cafe 5
bitsnpieces What challenges do you and your horse face? Cafe 20
ladywiththebaby Awful day - my horse broke my friends face and other disasters... Cafe 24
Dark Storm Jaw swollen on one side of face, and weepy eye.. Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 8
Hags This is hilarious - tears rolling down my face Cafe 3
popularfurball Monkey's face is so much better :D:D Cafe 14
Madaz_Maddy Hitting a horse in the face..... Training???? Training of the Horse and Rider 26
popularfurball To anyone who uses full face masks... Horse Care 2
Midnight_Ashes Talk about throwing it back in your face!! Cafe 11
honey65 Angry face Training of the Horse and Rider 7
Dark Storm I want to play out, but I want to be in feeding my face(HEHE!!) Cafe 2
S My Beautiful Face Cafe 13
mental mare face book for horses Cafe 6
P Deosect on horses face Horse Care 2
xRobyn Cottage Craft Full Face Fly Mesh Mask - Sizing Horse Care 0
L Swellings on face? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 2
F face sore Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 6
punxmafia Backing youngsters, the problems we face: Q&A Training of the Horse and Rider 5
X What way should the bit face ? -need help fast- Tack & Saddlery 13
minihorse ***mud fever muzzle face area pics Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 9
scotlori Clipping/ shaving the face Horse Care 2
R Swollen face Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 6