This came today

Sparky Lily

Nov 27, 2008
Yell, Shetland
We were engrossed in watching the Procession when a neighbour called to ask if we wanted to move our ponies as a helicopter was going to land on the pier next to their field. It seems there was a medical emergency on one of the charter boats operating from the pier, so the Coastguard Rescue was coming in. We moved the ponies to the upper field, but in the end the helicopter landed in our other field across the road. Apart from a little run and buck when the helicopter came right over at roof height when landing, the ponies were not bothered, but watched the proceedings with interest. But then, they watch the village fireworks on Guy Fawkes Night too.
We have not heard how the patient is, but really hope they are OK. The skill of the helicopter crew is fantastic. We are so lucky up here to have the around in these circumstances.
48DF65D0-5508-48B6-8D42-68475428D9E8.jpeg520F189A-A65E-4659-A389-369351ADD336.jpeg

Yes, your ponies were great👍❤️👍. That was a lot of annoying noise for them.

A few months back, a hospital helicopter swooped low enough over my farm that it rattled the windows pretty good. At first I thought it was a small plane swooping my horses to get them running, which they did🤐

I later learned it was the big city hospital helicopter coming in for a landing at the local hospital 13 miles away.

I hope whomever your helicopter picked up is ok💐💐

We had one in our field 2 years ago - thank goodness the horses were in their stables!

newrider.com