think i need the vet out.....again

scottishterrier

Jun 18, 2008
Scotland
Little Pickles just isn't right at all, aside from the weight loss the past two weeks he is now just not himself, not as lively or cheeky as normal, it sounds stupid and its hard to describe but he looks dull and even when moving his head seems to just hang there..he's eating ok, going to loo plenty..my field got flooded and ruined so no grass but they have been getting tons of hay to compensate and spooky is totally fine

Will take his temp in morning and see how he is but im really worried about him at the mo. vet said on the phone he didnt think weight loss like that was related to the choke he had a few weeks back so im at a loss

Maybe he just has a cold? Daffy was a bit similar this time last year - a course of antibiotics and some bute and he was right as rain within a week.

Hope it all goes ok if you get the vet tomorrow

Poor thing, hopefully he will be back to his happy self soon.
Its remarkable how 'we just know' they are not right , even though the vet may think there is nothing obvious. Hopefully he'll pick up again.

Horses immune systems can take a battering this time of year. I would try a short course of Restore by Global Herbs as it is a liver tonic. It really is an outstanding product !!

Does he get any supplements at all? My boy was getting quite droopy looking (walking along with nose practically on the ground when led, etc), even though he was eating/drinking fine etc. We re-started his supplement, and a couple of weeks later he was noticeably brighter.

Hope it's nothing serious in any case, and he's soon back to normal.

Awww sorry to hear he is not feeling well.

I always end to go on my "gut Feelings" with my grils, if I know that there is something wrong and can't necessarily put my finger on it then I will always opt to calling the vet,

I to had a horse behave in a similar way in the summer it was just after we had a horrific 24 hours of pretty much solid rain and when I went to see my girls in the morning, Dedee was standing slightly off to on side, lethargic and disinterested in food. She just needed a few days in the stable, out of the elements to pick herslef back up.

After re reading your thread and just thinking out loud, could there be some sort of respiritory infection going on? these things would all lead to a lethargic horse and also that *could* be a contributing factor for the choke that your horse had

Putting together all your symptoms then I would be definitely calling the vet out, it seems that the situation has gone on to long now

I'm not a vet and obviously can't see Pickles, but you know something's not right. It sounds like an infection to me, possibly viral with those symptoms, and I agree that it's probably unrelated to the choke, but the choke may be a symptom of what's really wrong with him if that makes sense?

newrider.com